Home Precious Metals
Options

delete - old bonus buck thread/Rakuten

Comments

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 399 ✭✭✭

5% Ebay Bucks until 2/12 with no minimum!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't even pay the tax... but hey, it's better than nothing and does apply to small dollar amount purchases...

----- kj
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020 1:07PM

Looks like they skipped me this time...

Edit: Nope, it just came late, after 9:00 AM Pacific time...

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

no deals available even if it were 8%

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears the days of 15%, 10% and even 8% eBay bucks are gone. Bummer.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Got it.

• Options

8% Ebay Bucks until 2/25 with no minimum! Happy hunting!

• Options

no soup for me

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Empty soup bowl for me also. A very selective promo?

----- kj
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not this time...

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

SONOMOSCA must have received the golden ticket.....

----- kj
  • Options

Got it on an account that hasn't received one in 9 months. Didn't receive offer on my other 2 accounts that almost always gets bonus bucks. The mystery continues.

PS: I probably wouldn't find anything worth buying at current PM prices anyway.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing here

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

new 5% app offer

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well crap,,,,, I got the notice and activated it on my phone and then hours later I purchased via the Web and just now realized why I didn't get the 5%. :s

The shipper has already printed a label and I won't ask to re-do the deal.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine...bought gold. The stacking continues...

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting tired of this garbage about the app , also 5% is a pitiful offer , it wont even offset sales tax

• Options

I hate doing anything on a stupid phone other than talking and the occasional text. To buy on ebay with the app I speed things up by adding my purchase to my want list which allows me to quickly find and commit to buy on the app. Then I use the desktop to make the paypal payment unless of course immediate payment is required to complete the purchase. In that case I work my way through the tiny phone keys to complete the transaction.

After all, 5% is 5%, and I'm usually buying $1000+ plus coins.

• Options

5% no min 3/25

• Options

Got it, but no bargains in the metals.....

----- kj
  • Options

aren't we due?

• Options

ebay knows we are all at home and bored. They are thinking we will shop out of boredom with no incentive.

• Options

I agree; no offers

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    ebay knows we are all at home and bored. They are thinking we will shop out of boredom with no incentive.

More truth to that statement than ebay wants to admit.

I sold an item that was listed for a year and a half on friday.
    It was an item that belonged to someone else so I didn't gain anything monetarily.
    it's one less thing I have to spend time on....so that's a plus.

I've had a few low offers on a silver bar listed at $600 and when I countered at $550 the potential buyer?? went POOF.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:

@derryb said:

More truth to that statement than ebay wants to admit.

I sold an item that was listed for a year and a half on friday.
    It was an item that belonged to someone else so I didn't gain anything monetarily.
    it's one less thing I have to spend time on....so that's a plus.

I've had a few low offers on a silver bar listed at $600 and when I countered at $550 the potential buyer?? went POOF.

;) must be a kilo

• Options

5% Ebay Bucks until 4/23 with no minimum

• Options

Got the offer... but where are the bargains??

----- kj
  • Options
    PachuckoPachucko Posts: 85 ✭✭

@tincup said:

They charge taxes for my state now, so they're pretty much worthless for me.

• Options

both accounts, doesn't cover tax

• Options

• Options

@tincup said:

There are no ebay PM bargains at these premiums, but with a 5% discount eligible PMs can be bought cheaper. If you're buying anyway, why not do so at a 5% discount?

• Options

@derryb said:

@tincup said:

There are no ebay PM bargains at these premiums, but with a 5% discount eligible PMs can be bought cheaper. If you're buying anyway, why not do so at a 5% discount?

Who would be crazy enough to buy at current eBay overinflated premiums? Certainly not this sheep. Buy low, sell high. Regards!

• Options
    edited April 21, 2020 6:34PM

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@tincup said:

Who would be crazy enough to buy at current eBay overinflated premiums? Certainly not this sheep. Buy low, sell high. Regards!

one who believes these overinflated premiums are an indicator of the beginning of a PM bull market. They just might get crazier. I've shipped eight registered gold shipments from ebay buyers since Saturday.

• Options

@Pachucko said:

@tincup said:

Get used to it, because you won't find any purchase w/o a State sales tax if you live in a State that charges it.

• Options

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2020 2:53AM

Found some bullion that is in an eligible category and no sales tax (ID doesn't tax bullion) and debating buffalo or a eagle.

This buffalo seem like a good price

or go for this eagle

Or maybe fractional?

• Options
    edited April 22, 2020 4:23PM

fixed it for ya, item numbers shows up in your bad links

gold buff

gold eagle

My preference is the buff, but I'm using my bonus bux for silver.

• Options
    PachuckoPachucko Posts: 85 ✭✭

@OPA said:

@Pachucko said:

@tincup said:

Get used to it, because you won't find any purchase w/o a State sales tax if you live in a State that charges it.

By "they" I meant eBay. I but from other vendors that definitely don't charge taxes.

• Options

@Pachucko said:

@OPA said:

@Pachucko said:

@tincup said:

By "they" I meant eBay. I but from other vendors that definitely don't charge taxes.

'They' will become fewer and fewer. Vendors don't want to risk having a State come back after them for sales tax on prior sales when there is no chance they can get it from the buyer. The bar is set low - $100,000 and banks give 1099K's to every State's tax department. Find a company unregistered with $5 million in sales and assume 2% goes to State A, then State A is going to send a letter asking about shipments into the State. They can go back to 2018 (Wayfair decision date) and collect sales tax on everything from that date forward.

• Options

@Pachucko said:

@OPA said:

@Pachucko said:

@tincup said:

All major bullion, coin and online vendors will charge you a sales tax. Please let us know, which one does not, because I too live in a State that charges a sales tax.

• Options

Got it, bid on a pair of McIntosh speakers and lost... :/

• Options

@derryb said:
    fixed it for ya, item numbers shows up in your bad links

gold buff

gold eagle

My preference is the buff, but I'm using my bonus bux for silver.

Thanks for the fix. I deleted the link - tried to fix them and couldn’t so clearly my skills in the hyperlink department are lacking.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

I mean... they're not wrong.

• Options

@OPA said:

@Pachucko said:

@OPA said:

@Pachucko said:

@tincup said:

All major bullion, coin and online vendors will charge you a sales tax. Please let us know, which one does not, because I too live in a State that charges a sales tax.

I'm an Oregon resident and I'll be damned if a dealer ever charges me sales tax.

I don't pay hotel, travel taxes or coin taxes in WA, either, just weed tax.

It's always the weed tax.

• Options
    edited April 23, 2020 12:37PM

@Azurescens said:

I'm an Oregon resident and I'll be damned if a dealer ever charges me sales tax.

You will pay all the taxes now when you purchase something in Washington (you always had paid hotel/travel taxes) and you can apply for a refund of the State portion of the tax each year - you will not get back the local portion of the tax any longer. The Qualified Non-Resident exemption went away on July 1, 2019

• Options
    edited April 23, 2020 6:44PM

@taxmad said:

@Azurescens said:

You will pay all the taxes now when you purchase something in Washington (you always had paid hotel/travel taxes) and you can apply for a refund of the State portion of the tax each year - you will not get back the local portion of the tax any longer. The Qualified Non-Resident exemption went away on July 1, 2019

Really? I can dig them out, but I have hotel receipts as far back as 2015 and early as 2019 showing those two specific taxes removed and usually my driver's license number. I always get a kick out of it every year when I travel. It's a few hotels too so it's not that it's one place. Is this recent, and maybe some places just don't know? In 2017 I got a hotel with a friend in WA and he had me put it in my name so we didn't pay the taxes.

Interestingly enough, three days ago my shopify added WA Tax, OR Tax, and either county or city-specific taxes. But nobody has paid them yet, in-state or out of state.

• Options

@Azurescens said:

Really? I can dig them out, but I have hotel receipts as far back as 2015 and early as 2019 showing those two specific taxes removed and usually my driver's license number. I always get a kick out of it every year when I travel. It's a few hotels too so it's not that it's one place. Is this recent, and maybe some places just don't know? In 2017 I got a hotel with a friend in WA and he had me put it in my name so we didn't pay the taxes.

Interestingly enough, three days ago my shopify added WA Tax, OR Tax, and either county or city-specific taxes. But nobody has paid them yet, in-state or out of state.

The only time a hotel wouldn't charge the tax would be for a Federal Government employee paying with a government credit card. Restaurant meals and motels are consumed in WA, so they can't be taken out of State like when a OR resident buys a sofa or a shirt. The exemption itself did go away last summer and switched to a refund. It may have been you got lucky with the hotel stays and the clerk made an error - clerks like that is why people like me have jobs :-)

• Options
    edited May 4, 2020 9:51AM

5% 5/6 n.m.

I'm not using it. I'm not going to feed the marketing bears.