Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

They have been much better about upgrading their ordering system and minimizing risk of a crash—-just ky opinion I think they won’t have a crash and at least a 10 min order window

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m thinking sellout in 5 min. But it does depend how many they send to stores to be released

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@7over8 said:
    2015 Platinums at 5,000 available 1 per HH if I recall was about 10 mins
    That is a much higher price point and much lower collector base.
    Truman C&C was probably about 6 minutes or more but 2 per HH and 25,000? Max
    This will be a full 30,000 orders. I stand by my 10 mins + and no crash of ordering system
    Just my opinion

Do you mean " if " no crash or " and " no crash. You're that confident they will handle 30k orders in 10 minutes no crash ? I actually hope you are right since I'll be on at 12et and if you're right I'll get one.

I agree with @7over8 I think the 2018 palladium eagle is the best example. Sold out in 6 minutes (?) with 15,000 units sold. It will be, i think, somewhat over 6 minutes. But, if you remember the 2018 Pd eagles, it sometimes took some time for processing to occur. I managed to get 3 orders in in 6 minutes, but I know people who couldn't complete the 2nd transaction in time because of a slight hang in processing.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this lasts at least several minutes, but I am not optimistic. I want one, but I am not so sure I will get one.

I don't think demand can be extrapolated from other issues directly. The demand can increase exponentially as the mintages gets lower. For example, the sell-out of a 90,000 SE would necessarily be three times longer than for a 30,000 SE (it might take the 90,000 a lot longer than 3x the 30,000 coin).

I recall the madness surrounding the 5 coin SE set several years ago, and the RP Presidential dollars a few years ago as well. The SE next week should be just as bad or worse.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    ON the road that day but will try to get one...probably slim to none chance

Me, too. Cruising on the Danube somewhere between Bucharest and Budapest with slow WiFi, but I'm going to give it a shot! I don't even expect to be able to get past the first screen...

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

Is the S Mint mark more in demand then the W Mint mark.. trying to compare it to the 1995 version

• Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Get your 2019-S One Ounce Silver American Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof coin at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14 – 17, 2019
    Baltimore Convention Center
    Hall A, B & C
    One West Pratt Street
    Baltimore MD 21201

U.S. Mint Special Release
    As part of the limited mintage release of the 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin (San Francisco Mint), the United States Mint is making a limited quantity of the coins available to the public at the Whitman Coin Baltimore Expo on Thursday, November 14. Want a chance to bring home one of these beautiful and highly anticipated coins? Quantities will be limited and only one coin can be purchased per household. Make sure you plan ahead, so you don’t miss out!

Schedule

6:30 a.m. — Doors open at the Baltimore Convention Center.

7 a.m. — Pre-registered dealers and pre-registered Early Bird Smart Check-In ticket holders (online only) can enter the Enhanced Reverse Room (Hall E) to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

9 a.m. — Onsite Early Bird registrants will be able to enter the Enhanced Reverse Room to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

11 a.m. — Pre-registered General Public attendees (online only) can enter the Enhanced Reverse Room to sign up and receive a numbered sticker marking your place in line.

11:30 a.m. — All registrants must return to the Enhanced Reverse Room to assume their places in line.

11:45 a.m. — A U.S. Mint representative will hand out tickets to verified registrants who have assumed their place in line in the Enhanced Reverse Room. This ticket is your key to purchasing 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coin.
    *Please Note: Quantities of coins are limited. The U.S. Mint and Whitman Expo cannot guarantee the amount that will be available for purchase.

Noon — The U.S. Mint’s sale of 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof coins will begin. Those attendees who have received tickets from the United States Mint will be called in batches to purchase your coin. General Public attendees can also come to the Enhanced Reverse Room at this time to sign up and receive a numbered sticker to mark your place in line.

1-2 p.m. — Mint Director David J. Ryder will sign certificates of authenticity (Location TBD).
    What to Bring

Dealers: Smart Check-In ticket, Whitman photo ID, and November 2019 Whitman Expo credentials.

Pre-Registered Early Bird and General Public: Smart Check-In ticket, receipt, and government-issued photo ID. (Online pre-registration ends Friday, November 8 at noon EST.

Onsite Registered Early Bird and General Public: Entry badge and government-issued photo ID.

*Please Note: Your numbered sticker will be matched with your ID and ticket information and cannot be given away or sold. You must have these forms of identification on-hand to participate in the sale.

Disclaimer: All Mint regulations will be in effect. There is a limit of one coin per household during this sale.

No loitering outside the Baltimore Convention Center or outside of approved Expo areas within the BCC will be tolerated.

First Aid
    In the event of a first aid emergency, call 410-649-7055 (Department of Public Safety).
    All Public Safety supervisors have been trained and recently re-certified in first aid response and will be the primary responder if someone requires first aid. If the situation requires additional medical attention, we will call 911.

Questions?
    Have questions about the Expo or above schedule, contact info@whitmanexpo.com.
    For questions about U.S. Mint products, please visit catalog.usmint.gov.

• Options

@engmtic said:
    Is the S Mint mark more in demand then the W Mint mark.. trying to compare it to the 1995 version

No. But if you want the complete set...

• Options

As I have been told - there will be no sales of this coin at the other USM retail locations.

• Options

its unusual that the USM has chosen to sell at the Baltimore Show but not make any product available at their retail locations in D.C, Phila or Denver

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing they have First Aid (and hopefully some paddles) there!
    Good lord, the humanity.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone in going to hire day labor to stand in line at the Baltimore show ?

• Options

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2019-s-enhanced-reverse-proof-american-eagle-silver-dollar-debuts

Will anyone get one of the first 100 COA’s with the have signed signature??

Might equal more ones if selling!

• Options

@Kliao said:
    https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2019-s-enhanced-reverse-proof-american-eagle-silver-dollar-debuts

Will anyone get one of the first 100 COA’s with the have signed signature??

Might equal more ones if selling!

The problem is, you might not know if you have it. If you are flipping the coins, they need to stay in the unopened shipping box. If you are selling them on eBay, they will sell for more in unopened shipping boxes. No one wants picked over sets that may have a problem.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

This distribution disaster for the Baltimore Show is already eminating a bad stench. I fully expect this Event to be making the Evening News across the Nation. Emergency trained personal standing by ? Not sounding good.

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    This distribution disaster for the Baltimore Show is already eminating a bad stench. I fully expect this Event to be making the Evening News across the Nation. Emergency trained personal standing by ? Not sounding good.

Very possible. If there is enough profit to be had, lots of people want in on the action

• Options

the whole process of distribution t the Baltimore Show stinks as well. Here we go.....dealers first.....early birds next....etc etc etc
    register for free with an ID and get one entry. call names and let those called buy one each. done.

• Options

But does anyone know how many coins will be reserved for the show?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

100 :o

Don’t know.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2019 5:10AM

I live in Baltimore but will be staying away from the mint sale at the show. Total disaster though I could see the first sold with the signature having some value. I wonder if the COA with 00001 will have some value. Or even COA with 30000.

Next year will they produce an ASE with a 15k mintage? Reminds of the low mintage spouse coins. Could be the end of the series with a 35 year run.

The mint has jumped the shark. Don’t know how valuable the 30k coin will be if they produce a 20k or 15k coin. They did it once and they could do it again. Kind of makes you wonder who has an influence on these mint decisions. Why make a 30k coin when they know they could mint this coin at 75k and still sell them all.

• Options

It is possible they are doing this for the last year before the design change

• Options

@Kliao said:
    But does anyone know how many coins will be reserved for the show?

Best guess: 1000, maybe 2000.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    It is possible they are doing this for the last year before the design change

they are doing it to create an artificial rarity so there is a big price surge. They hope this sucks people into buying other "rare collector coins" from the Mint in the hopes of reaping a profit. Every now and then the Mint creates a "winner" to try and get people to forget that 99.9% of Mint products are "losers". This isn't the first time, nor will it be the last.

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I live in Baltimore but will be staying away from the mint sale at the show. Total disaster though I could see the first sold with the signature having some value. I wonder if the COA with 00001 will have some value. Or even COA with 30000.

Next year will they produce an ASE with a 15k mintage? Reminds of the low mintage spouse coins. Could be the end of the series with a 35 year run.

The mint has jumped the shark. Don’t know how valuable the 30k coin will be if they produce a 20k or 15k coin. They did it once and they could do it again. Kind of makes you wonder who has an influence on these mint decisions. Why make a 30k coin when they know they could mint this coin at 75k and still sell them all.

It's not about selling 45k more ASEs. It's not even about selling 30k ASE's. They sell a lot of proof ASEs as it is. They didn't need this coin at all. The hope is that people see the price surge and start buying other Mint products in the future, including ASEs, to "invest". It's about selling everything EXCEPT this coin.

Every now and then, the Mint creates a rarity to create buzz.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@pf70collector said:

It's not about selling 45k more ASEs. It's not even about selling 30k ASE's. They sell a lot of proof ASEs as it is. They didn't need this coin at all. The hope is that people see the price surge and start buying other Mint products in the future, including ASEs, to "invest". It's about selling everything EXCEPT this coin.

Every now and then, the Mint creates a rarity to create buzz.

That could be it. I’ve seen the royal mint of the UK have lots of rare low mintage coins come out every so often. Unlike the US mint most of the big items sell out

• Options
    edited November 11, 2019 8:18AM
  • Options

Seems like a way to turn off your customer base since a majority of ASE
    collectors will be shut out. You may create buzz but seems a sure way to anger your existing customer base and turn them off from buying any more mint products.

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭

It's interesting that the Baltimore show is opening the doors to the public at the exact moment this is going to be released.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    Seems like a way to turn off your customer base since a majority of ASE
    collectors will be shut out. You may create buzz but seems a sure way to anger your existing customer base and turn them off from buying any more mint products.

I agree. The 1995 W was a natural rarity - it was part of an expensive set so most ppl couldnt afford and organically a key date was created. There's zero inherent logic to the limit on this coin. It's an artificially limited supply and hence an artificial rarity. I understand that ultimately there will be little to go around and it will be valuable for that reason, but the way that it became rare to me is important and it makes this rarity less desirable, just my feelings...

• Options

products.

I agree. The 1995 W was a natural rarity - it was part of an expensive set so most ppl couldnt afford and organically a key date was created. There's zero inherent logic to the limit on this coin. It's an artificially limited supply and hence an artificial rarity. I understand that ultimately there will be little to go around and it will be valuable for that reason, but the way that it became rare to me is important and it makes this rarity less desirable, just my feelings...

Actually, the 1995-W was odd for a lot of reasons. I'm not sure price was the sole driver. The gold set with and without the ASE was the SAME price, yet people chose to not buy the one with the ASE. It might just be that the collector base wasn't as high then.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    products.

Actually, the 1995-W was odd for a lot of reasons. I'm not sure price was the sole driver. The gold set with and without the ASE was the SAME price, yet people chose to not buy the one with the ASE. It might just be that the collector base wasn't as high then.

Another odd reason that is rarely talked about and is probably the main reason the 95-W Silver eagle wasn't a sellout was a processor induced issue in which the mints processor lost orders over a period of several months across all areas of the country. This was documented in many letters to the editor in NUMISMATIC NEWS at the time. If I am not mistaken, NN was the only coin publication documenting these "Lost Orders" at the time!! It happened to me.

• Options

@opportunity said:
    It's interesting that the Baltimore show is opening the doors to the public at the exact moment this is going to be released.

Planned ready to release

• Options

@opportunity said:

Well, that's just a coincidence. I mean, the Mint always releases these things at noon, usually on a Thursday

• Options

11:00 for me in the central time zone ;)

• Options

@7over8 said:
    As I have been told - there will be no sales of this coin at the other USM retail locations.

=======================================================================
    Check out the last paragraph of the mint release.

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin on Sale Nov. 14
    November 8, 2019

WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for the 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (product code 19XE) on November 14 at noon EST. The coin is priced at $65.95. A long-time collector favorite, this beautifully rendered coin is struck at the Mint’s San Francisco facility. Its obverse (heads) features Adolph A. Weinman’s classic Walking Liberty design depicting a full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left. The reverse (tails) features a heraldic eagle with shield, an olive branch in the right talon and arrows in the left. Each coin is encapsulated and packaged in a blue velvet, satin-lined presentation case, placed in a classic blue outer box. For the first time, the Mint has numbered the Certificate of Authenticity that accompanies each coin. The number on each Certificate of Authenticity does not reflect the order in which each coin was minted. Production of this coin is limited to 30,000 units. Orders will be limited to one per household indefinitely. The Mint accepts orders at catalog.usmint.gov and at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order by calling 1-888-321-MINT (6468). Information on shipping options is available at catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html.

The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin will also be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver. Availability may be limited and subject to change.

• Options

@SoundPoint said:

@7over8 said:

> As I have been told - there will be no sales of this coin at the other USM retail locations.

Check out the last paragraph of the mint release.

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin on Sale Nov. 14
    November 8, 2019

WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for the 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (product code 19XE) on November 14 at noon EST. The coin is priced at $65.95. A long-time collector favorite, this beautifully rendered coin is struck at the Mint’s San Francisco facility. Its obverse (heads) features Adolph A. Weinman’s classic Walking Liberty design depicting a full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left. The reverse (tails) features a heraldic eagle with shield, an olive branch in the right talon and arrows in the left. Each coin is encapsulated and packaged in a blue velvet, satin-lined presentation case, placed in a classic blue outer box. For the first time, the Mint has numbered the Certificate of Authenticity that accompanies each coin. The number on each Certificate of Authenticity does not reflect the order in which each coin was minted. Production of this coin is limited to 30,000 units. Orders will be limited to one per household indefinitely. The Mint accepts orders at catalog.usmint.gov and at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order by calling 1-888-321-MINT (6468). Information on shipping options is available at catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html.

The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin will also be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver. Availability may be limited and subject to change.

Just like I mentioned earlier - this is a CHANGE OF POSITION by the USM. Prior to November 8th - the USM retailer confirmed the would NOT have any of this issue for sale at the retail location.

I suppose since they decided to sell at Baltimore show - they also reversed their position on the retail locations as well.

• Options

@SoundPoint said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    products.

Another odd reason that is rarely talked about and is probably the main reason the 95-W Silver eagle wasn't a sellout was a processor induced issue in which the mints processor lost orders over a period of several months across all areas of the country. This was documented in many letters to the editor in NUMISMATIC NEWS at the time. If I am not mistaken, NN was the only coin publication documenting these "Lost Orders" at the time!! It happened to me.

I bought 2- 5 piece sets in 1995. However, people should realize that the silver eagle pulled from the set was available on the secondary market for $250-$300 for months after sales closed on Dec 31, 1995.

• Options

@7over8 said:

I bought 2- 5 piece sets in 1995. However, people should realize that the silver eagle pulled from the set was available on the secondary market for $250-$300 for months after sales closed on Dec 31, 1995.

That was true too. I wonder how many of the 31,000+ sets survived in the original government packaging and is there any premium for these complete (gold and silver) sets?

• Options

@7over8 said:

Just like I mentioned earlier - this is a CHANGE OF POSITION by the USM. Prior to November 8th - the USM retailer confirmed the would NOT have any of this issue for sale at the retail location.

I suppose since they decided to sell at Baltimore show - they also reversed their position on the retail locations as well.

Before all is said and done, the Mint will probably change there position again.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f You've got to get one, you have a complete RP set going! I'm in but really not liking the part where I send it in for grading sight unseen, in an unopened mint box, but understand it.

• Options

Adding to the Baltimore show there will also be Chaos Outside the mint store.

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    @rip_f You've got to get one, you have a complete RP set going! I'm in but really not liking the part where I send it in for grading sight unseen, in an unopened mint box, but understand it.

Of course I'll be in there trying to get one (and witnessing the system crash probably).
    But as you know, I won't be sending mine in. These coins are more beautifully displayed in OGP.

Modern special finish coins are all as close to perfect as humanly possible. I don't need someone to tell me if it is super pristine or if it is super-duper pristine.

• Options

@Onastone said:

What happens if you buy it at the mint store when there is no sealed box but you still send it in for grading

• Options

Pre-sales on eBay are down to $400!!!

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Quick, lower your offer!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Quick, lower your offer!

LOL. It's anybody's guess at this point.

I'm sticking to $500 at this point. But I'm preparing (mentally) to be stuck with a bunch.

On the flip side, one dealer is taking orders at $1000 but I don't know if he's getting any. I kind of want to start buying up pre-sales on eBay as the price yesterday was at $400. But I'm not sure I want to spend a month doing chargebacks, etc.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Onastone said:

What happens if you buy it at the mint store when there is no sealed box but you still send it in for grading

In the past, including your receipt served as the proof.

• Options

Anyone see any bids from the big companies.

It’s really weird I haven’t seen any offers yet

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Anyone see any bids from the big companies.

It’s really weird I haven’t seen any offers yet

There are several nice bids on the BST

• Options

USM mint retail location and independent vendor in Philadelphia is stating that the press release is incorrect and there will be NO RETAIL sales at their location on Thurs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file