Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@bramn8r said:
    100 left, on sale tomorrow at 12, to be sold out at 12.

How do you know this? 12 eastern?

The United States Mint just made the following announcement:

Note to Editors: Final Sale of 2019 Silver Enhanced Proof Coin (19XE)

The remaining quantity of American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coins product code 19XE will go on sale at Noon EDT, Wednesday, August 12, 2020. This product will only be available for sale on the Mint website https://catalog.usmint.gov. No phone orders will be accepted, and sales centers are closed in order to reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19. Household order limit of 1 will be strictly enforced. There are less than 100 units available for sale. Once these units are sold, this item will be sold out. Due to limited availability, there will be no product exchanges - refunds only. All returns must be a complete product, inclusive of coin and Certificate of Authenticity.

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@Kliao said:

@bramn8r said:

The remaining quantity of American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coins product code 19XE will go on sale at Noon EDT, Wednesday, August 12, 2020. This product will only be available for sale on the Mint website https://catalog.usmint.gov. No phone orders will be accepted, and sales centers are closed in order to reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19. Household order limit of 1 will be strictly enforced. There are less than 100 units available for sale. Once these units are sold, this item will be sold out. Due to limited availability, there will be no product exchanges - refunds only. All returns must be a complete product, inclusive of coin and Certificate of Authenticity.

Source?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2020 12:20PM

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Butteredfatkid said:

@cagcrisp said:

@Kliao said:

@bramn8r said:

Source?

You have to be on the United States Mint's email list for editors...

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Juanmotime707 said:
    I received notification at 6:08 this morning by email and text. By the time I got online they were gone already. Unbelievable.

I don't know what time zone you are in, but the emails go out after they are available (7:30 Eastern). You will never get one if you wait for the email.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good practice run for the WW2 GAEs

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

did anyone get one today?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops...Something went wrong

Talk about instant lockup. Never saw them come open.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

SOLD OUT before it opened...

• Options

Nope. Was able to get one in my bag though.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

got it in cart, but checkout crashed and then gone

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bramn8r said:
    SOLD OUT before it opened...

Al sold out on the 5th right?

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    got it in cart, but checkout crashed and then gone

Same here but I didn't crash. It was just so slow.

• Options

I got the text message from the mint at 11:46am saying they would be available at 12pm. Was logged on and ready to go. got it in my cart and then boom the site crashed.

• Options
    bombtech25bombtech25 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

Got it in cart but it went to no longer available in under 30sec.

• Options
    mcarney1173mcarney1173 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bombtech25 said:

Same here

• Options

This is the one time where a lottery system would have been better than trying to fight aging mint technology. Sign up from 1-10 August for a chance, Mint runs a randomizer and picks 100 people and sends them a link to order.

• Options
    bombtech25bombtech25 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

@mcarney1173 said:

@bombtech25 said:

Same here

And 30sec seems about 25sec on the generous side.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to get the "Add to bag" screen to show up once after an "Oops something went wrong" screen, but the "Add to bag" button did nothing. I imagine they were gone in a couple seconds.

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020 9:16AM

@SeatedToners said:
    did anyone get one today?

Even the bots were having trouble getting more than half of them.
    This would have been a good time for the Mint to test their new anti-bot software. (which I assume they've invested in)

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

^$#&*% !!!!! That was almost as fun as the first time it went on sale. :/

Add to bag.....site freeze. :'(

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

This is such $h!t. I am furious at all of this and I know that probably some jerk figured out how to get bots to buy 20-30 of them for himself or herself. I got to the cart, the payment, and then it sold out. There's also no reason for the mit to artificially create a rarity with this or with the upcoming 75th Anniversary issue. Mint until demand is met. Such crap.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Sold out in 19 seconds per the mint. Total BS

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

I received a email from the mint saying that the coin it available at 12:02!?! Why even bother send the email when its already sold out?

• Options

Got one in bag and then item no longer avl . It was a long shot at best. Should see the bot buyers on eBay shortly

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020 2:38PM

Considering the amount of stress, and luck it took to land one when first offered, I didn't think I'd stand a snowballs chance with less than 100...gotta keep the morale up, and powder dry for the next low mintage marauder to take a shot at...high noon with the sun on our backs...hopefully! B):#

I was rooting for you guys!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Those saying that bot buyers do this please explain to me how this would work when there is an ordering limit and a bot would have to go through the same page refreshing and button clicking as a person. Thousands of people descending on the website caused an order to be placed every 190 msec. I'm surprised it took as long to sell out as it did. When there were 30,000 available, they sold out a lot faster rate than that.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020 2:55PM

I am pissed off all over again.

I was on 8 minutes early, refreshing constantly, then at noon the site crashed for a minute or two. I never did see the order button.

They just should have slipped them out on the site like they did last week, and whoever saw them got them.

• Options

• Options

CYA mint speak. No way of knowing with such a small number avl today but last nov bots were on full display. They were even bragging about it. The 2019 s ASE and some new sneaker were the big scores in that community as I remember

• Options

so did anyone on the forum get one of these last week or today?

• Options

Nope not me.

• Options

Not me.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

did anyone get one?

• Options
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nor did I 😏

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bombtech25 said:

same

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Those saying that bot buyers do this please explain to me how this would work when there is an ordering limit and a bot would have to go through the same page refreshing and button clicking as a person. Thousands of people descending on the website caused an order to be placed every 190 msec. I'm surprised it took as long to sell out as it did. When there were 30,000 available, they sold out a lot faster rate than that.

they navigate site by command line; dont need to do the slow, human-based motions of ordering - completely outrageous and the mint NEEDS to do something about this - obv no human is completing an order in 190msec ... good luck on the gold v75 all 🤞

• Options

Maybe time for those annoying captcha picture tests

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@messydesk said:

they navigate site by command line; dont need to do the slow, human-based motions of ordering - completely outrageous and the mint NEEDS to do something about this - obv no human is completing an order in 190msec ... good luck on the gold v75 all 🤞

While one person can't complete an order in 190 msec, 100 can do it in 19 sec. The slow part is waiting for their server to respond with an acknowledgment of an action having been taken, whether that action is submitted through a browser or an ordering script. It looks like you also can't have the "add to bag" command pre-configured, as it contains a 26-character key which is generated when the server serves the page content. The wrong key won't work, and a script is useless.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried adding to bag and gone.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

190ms is 1/5 of one second. So less then one second. There are 1000 milliseconds in one second.
    This was definitely all “bot bought”.
    The fastest human can not check out in less then 5 seconds. It’s just impossible.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

We just need an Anti-Bots System to block the bots...

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have Nos. 1 or 2 ever turned up...to our knowledge?

• Options

@RichR said:
    Have Nos. 1 or 2 ever turned up...to our knowledge?

Number 2 was sold on eBay a while ago after the first release. Number 1 has not come up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file