Home Sports Talk
Options

Ali's first knockdown

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 11, 2019 12:27PM in Sports Talk

First time he got knocked down in a ring. He was saved by the bell too, or he may have been wobbly and went on to more punishment. Who knows.

Start the tape at 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q25FmysqXR0

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ali took Henry Cooper to school twice. One lucky knockdown doesn't mean squat.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, Ali was knocked down, but he was a master, and a nightmare in the ring. He developed the ability to take a punch like nobody else, and he was just beautiful to watch. Just look at Foreman, the way Foreman pounded on him and still couldn't knock him out. He toyed with Foreman.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, Ali was knocked down, but he was a master, and a nightmare in the ring. He developed the ability to take a punch like nobody else, and he was just beautiful to watch. Just look at Foreman, the way Foreman pounded on him and still couldn't knock him out. He toyed with Foreman.

Ali could take a punch that's for sure. Stomach of iron!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Greatest.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't watch fights or have interest as much as I once did. But I find myself enjoying boxing compilation videos sometimes, so thanks for posting.