Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - 1861 3 Cent Silver – MS67 PCGS OGH w/CAC, PCGS Pop ONLY 35, only 1 Finer

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 10, 2020 3:35PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale an 1861 3 Cent Silver (Type 3) graded MS67 by PCGS.

I just upgraded this coin in my Registry Type Set, being very fortunate to having obtained the new one from Oliver Jung’s “The Type Set”, the greatest type set ever assembled.

This coin has resplendent, satiny pearlescent lustrous surfaces that are virtually flawless. Depending on the angle you view this coin, you will see hints of powder blue, or a dusting of champagne gold. It’s sharply struck and totally original. When looking at others, remember that this is not a commodity. In this grade, the eye appeal matters, and many have soft centers. Not this one!

1. There have been 64 graded MS67 (35 by PCGS, and 29 by NGC). Out of those 63, only 15 merit the coveted CAC sticker. You’d have to figure at the high price point for this grade, the others must have been sent to CAC due to the price differential for those with a CAC. The others just didn’t cut it, for one reason or another! There is only 1 graded finer, at 67+, but that one does NOT have a CAC sticker. If you’re interested in that one, contact Kathleen Duncan at Pinnacle Rarities. It is offered at $29,500.

2. Coinfacts shows the last MS67 sold was a toned one this past June by Heritage, and it sold for $5,520 (with the bp), AND THAT ONE DID NOT HAVE A CAC! They show the one sold before that, with a CAC, also toned, was sold by Legend in January 2018 for $9,106.

My price is now only $3,875 (lowered from $3,975) via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and includes FedEx Priority Overnight shipping (expected delivery by 10:30 am next business day after shipped, but NOT guaranteed). However, if I have to ship to a P.O. Box, then I ship USPS Priority Mail, with 3 day estimated delivery time from when shipped. Due to the value, a signature will be required.

I also posted for sale an 1853 3 Cent Silver graded MS66+ PCGS/CAC (with blinding luster) that sells for $1,600 less than this one.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that requires my signature that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments