Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hardcore medals guys? What are these auction companies?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Researching a very cool medal set I just picked up and the medalartist website shows past auctions for this item. It shows "CAL" , "J&J", and "PCA". Either I'm having a bad brain fart, or none of these sound familiar.

Steer me in the right direction?

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

J&J is Johnson and Jensen (I think).

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

PCA is likely Presidential Coin & Antique, also known as PCAC, also known as Joe Levine.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

CAL may be Collector's Auctions, which is Dick Johnson separate from Johnson & Jensen.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gracias. Never heard of any of 'em :D

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice MacArthur medal... I almost purchased one of those when I toured the MacArthur Memorial during a ship reunion trip....It sure is a nice set. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2019 9:30AM

Nice MacArthur medal. Is there one for him refusing to launch his aircraft against the Japanese attack on Manila? Might have prevented the Bataan death march from happening, or destroyed much of Japan's long range bombers on Formosa. Or is there a World War III medal with mushroom cloud cluster for taking the Korean war into China and dropping atomic bombs?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice MacArthur medal. Is there one for him refusing to launch his aircraft against the Japanese attack on Manila? Might have prevented the Bataan death march from happening, or destroyed much of Japan's long range bombers on Formosa. Or is there a World War III medal with mushroom cloud cluster for taking the Korean war into China and dropping atomic bombs?

Please elaborate about the time that MacArthur nuked China. Armchair much?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file