Home U.S. Coin Forum

2016P nickel wild DDR

TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like die gouges. :)

• TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Yeah could be. Was hoping on one of the DDR varieties. That would have been a neat one. Still a keeper of the uniqueness. Hunt continues!!✌️

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep...not a DDR, but certainly a keeper....should be more out there. I will check my change jar for one of these...Cheers, RickO

So does this mean this is also not a DDR
    There is a gouge in the triangle of this 2016 nickel. I think the one I came across looks better than this one.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Timbobb "So does this mean this is also not a DDR"

That would appear to be a DDR. The lower bar of the triangle looks like the design element that was copied or transferred.

Yours has 3 to 4 bars showing that do not match up with the design. Your lines are longer than anything in the design.

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @Timbobb "So does this mean this is also not a DDR"

That would appear to be a DDR. The lower bar of the triangle looks like the design element that was copied or transferred.

Yours has 3 to 4 bars showing that do not match up with the design. Your lines are longer than anything in the design.

Gotcha. Sometimes it takes me a minute to comprehend. I notice the difference now. I have learned a lot here in this forum. And still learning. (Die Gouging). Thank you for correcting me. Its always good to get a second opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file