Home U.S. Coin Forum

Palladium up $200/oz in June, US Mint buying blanks for 2019 reverse proof?

GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 27, 2019 1:08PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The palladium bullion version also has not showed up Maybe negatively impacted by the near $1,600 high price in March?

Electric cars not selling as much as expected now that many tax credits/discounts are disappearing and loan rates are already often 0% on regular cars.

If only we could predict it all ;)

Of course palladium is not the only thing rising from the ashes...

The 2.5 one ounce 2019 Gold $100 Liberty this fall will sure be a lot higher now based on the price trend.

Edit to correct wrong size listed for gold.

Comments

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrgghhh.... I failed to recognize that this rise in Palladium, which I’m excited about, is going to impact my future purchase from the mint.
    She take a bite, don’t she!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

2.5 oz? eh? say what?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint's PM coins always have a significant premium... but based on recent metals pricing, I would say it will be significant this year....Cheers, RickO

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019 1:06PM

@jmski52 said:
    2.5 oz? eh? say what?

I believe I saw this would be a 2019 $100 Gold "Virtues of Liberty" special later this year as compared to usual $50 gold ounce high reliefs. I thought it might be larger, since usually $50 is for one ounce gold.

This article says the one ounce gold 2019 Liberty COIN will be a $100 US coin. It also states the 2019 high relief silver MEDAL will be 2.5 ounces.

So changes all around.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/ccac-passes-judgment-on-american-liberty-designs.html

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Above $1600 again.
    Gonna hurt a bit more to own the RP, I guess.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure anyone noticed, but the 2019 RP Pd has fallen off the product schedule, and is now TBD. It had a fall schedule release, now it's in limbo. At this point, the only other products with a TBD release are all the Innobucks.

There were also rumors the issue would be MTD. But right now, it's still a $2000 coin.

• batumibatumi Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

I plan on doing what has worked best for me in the past, and obtain one on the secondary market unless the price run-up on palladium makes it possible that it may be a low mintage issue. I may try to lock one in from the USM then.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get a better price waiting?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • WCCWCC Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@jmski52 said:
    2.5 oz? eh? say what?

I believe I saw this would be a 2019 $100 Gold "Virtues of Liberty" special later this year as compared to usual $50 gold ounce high reliefs. I thought it might be larger, since usually $50 is for one ounce gold.

This article says the one ounce gold 2019 Liberty COIN will be a $100 US coin. It also states the 2019 high relief silver MEDAL will be 2.5 ounces.

So changes all around.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/ccac-passes-judgment-on-american-liberty-designs.html

Several foreign mints have issued larger versions in both metals in the past, China and Mexico at minimum.

More marketing

• batumibatumi Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Did you get a better price waiting?

Almost 100% of the time. One example: I liked the 2014 HOF commeratives, and figured them-correctly imo-to be very popular. I chased a certified proof $5 gold and was an under bidder at $800 on a PCGS proof 70, Fortunately I lost that bid, as less than a year later, I was able to obtain BOTH the MS and PR versions PCGS 70's for $850 all in. Many of the AGE bullion coins can also be obtained in MS and PR 70 for little or no Premium at all above bullion. And then their are the spouses......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file