Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SOLD -Toned 1864 New Brunswick / Canada cent

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never seen one as pretty as this even among uncirculated examples. A U.S. Civil War date to boot!
Pop. 8 with 10 better. A recently auctioned MS63 doesn’t have this much eye appeal. The white spot on The Queen’s temple is a reflection that can’t be seen in hand.
It pains me to great rid of this coin, but I need to refocus my collecting efforts.
$125 via check or PayPal.
This coin has cool die breaks. One is visible coming down from the left of the crown. The second is not visible on the trueview.
It comes down from the crown on the right, skirts the 4 in the date then goes all of the way to the K in Brunswick.
It is a very interesting piece!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very nice NB copper coin with a lot more interesting die breaks than you mentioned.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

This issue is known for die clashes. Some are quite dramatic. The cracks you are referring to are probably outlines of Vicky. The one shown to the left is her back shoulder and neck.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1960NYGiants said:
    This issue is known for die clashes. Some are quite dramatic. The cracks you are referring to are probably outlines of Vicky. The one shown to the left is her back shoulder and neck.

Thanks for the intel!

Somebody come make me an offer. You know who you are....

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

@YQQ said:
    A very nice NB copper coin with a lot more interesting die breaks than you mentioned.

Bump .
    Offers reasonable offers welcomed.

TTT

edited June 29, 2019 2:28PM

TTT

edited June 29, 2019 2:29PM

Price drop or make offer

BUMP

Bump

Got low ball offer who then disappeared.
    Willing to trade.

TTT

World Cup Victory Bump

• ncsuwolf74ncsuwolf74 Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

What does TTT mean?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

Jim Elliot

@ncsuwolf74 said:
    What does TTT mean?

To the top

Bump