Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USPS once again!

goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday, the USPS tracking # showed that a coin, that I won in an auction, was ready for pickup at my P.O. Box. I handed the pink slip, that was in my box, to the window clerk. She went to the back and handed me a Priority flat. I did not have to sign for it which I thought was very strange. I took one step away from the window and looked at the return address. It was not the package that I was expecting. It was an auction catalog from Lyn Knight. I gave her the tracking # and she went and got my package. I did have to sign for it.

When I got home I wondered why Lyn was sending me another catalog of the auction that ended last weekend. I opened the package and was surprised to see that it was a catalog for the March 14-15, 2019 auction! I looked at the mailing envelope. It had black marker writing. It said LN ( left notice ) 2-25! I had never received a notice. They had not left a second notice or placed it in one of the parcel lockers where I have received catalogs many times before. This office had two gals that worked in the box section that were great. One has retired and the other has gone to another station.I have had several problems since they left. The ones now working the box section have no clue what they are doing.This was a great P.O. station. It is not anymore. I will have a talk with the supervisor on Monday.

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem with the USPS you get great employee's that build up your expectations of what service you should be getting. They move to another route or retire and you get an adequate replacement.

I got a couple of packages the other day. The mail carrier rings the bell and brings in the package that does not need a signature and leaves the Pink Slip in the mail box for the package requiring a signature.

A different carrier did a similar thing today rings the bell and brings in a couple of small packages and crams the third package into the mail box. It took a couple of minutes to get it out without inflicting more damage.

The old carrier would have brought all the packages at once.

When I say something at the Post Office the reply is " He's not your letter carrier any more. The new people need time to learn the route"

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Document your complaints, if issues continue, go to the next level and provide evidence. Action will be taken. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another prima facie example that USPS sucks.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry to hear that. I told my post office several years ago to leave all packages I get, even with my street address at the post office, in my PO box. they haven't missed a beat, couldn't he happier

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file