Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 W quarters

I think there are a lot of nuts out there spending so much money to get the W Quarters. I can't believe $500. for 10 quarters, Nuts.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 for $500? I sold one for $1000.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile... back at my ranch.... I keep searching change and checking store clerk tills....No luck yet...but will cost me 25 cents when I find one.... :D Cheers, RickO

• CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not going to pay more that 25 cents. I'll either find one in change or I won't have one.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Meanwhile... back at my ranch.... I keep searching change and checking store clerk tills....No luck yet...but will cost me 25 cents when I find one.... :D Cheers, RickO

message me your address, I've got one with an end roll machine circle that won't even cost you a quarter.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think these quarters will fall back in price eventually, except for those lucky ones who have high-end MS examples. By the very nature of how they are distributed, MS pieces will fetch good premiums. BUT, beyond that, circulated examples will settle down to not much premium. After all, 2 million of each are being struck, that's not a high mintage, but hardly rare. I am old enough to remember the mania over the 1950-D nickel, mintage 2,630,000. I bought a MS one for $15.50 around 50 years ago, I couldn't sell it for that today.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

free enterprise & ill wait until the price comes down (I hope)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file