Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Submitting multiples of same coin

TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

Let’s say I have 5 coins. All the same year. 1 is really nice, 2 are decent, 2 are less than that. Should I submit all 5 to make the really nice one look better? 1 really good grade can carry the cost of the others. Will the graders look at all 5 together?

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't waste your money on subpar coins that you will not be happy with their grades. One coin will not influence the other's grades.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sending all five in would be a waste of money and an exercise in futility..... That is not how grading works. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

This is very interesting and I appreciate you giving me your insight. It makes perfect sense when we are discussing human behavior.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file