Coin star find Updated 7/1/19

bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
edited July 1, 2019 7:46PM in Metal Detecting

So im standing in line to cash a few scratch tickets right now and the coinstar machine is right there, I looked and didnt see anything so I walked up close and right at the edge I see a dime.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 68,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

And a nice silver dime at that.... Congratulations.... Cheers, RickO

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

free silver, nice. any mint mark?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

64' D

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Same store, same machine. Was leaving getting groceries this evening and told my girlfriend I needed to check the coinstar machine, looked in and saw another dime

Another 64'D

Very good.... the machine that keeps on giving.... ;) I would check it every day.... Cheers, RickO

• goldengolden Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been several years since I found a silver dime at Coin Star.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019 1:45PM

I find silver dimes usually about one a month, last month while working at another account out of town I checked the machine and found six silver dimes including 4 proofs from the 1990s -early 2000s.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016

@SaorAlba.... Now that is a great silver haul.... six silvers and proofs as well... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

I think im going to have to check the machines I know of a little more carefully from here on out.

• lonn47lonn47 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

nice find

Walked up to the coin star tonight and saw a load of coins in the return...

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found several car wash tokens in the coinstar reject slots myself - just wish I knew where the car washes that take them are so I could wash my car!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016

Great haul... and a silver dime as well....Congratulations... I have not found any coinstar coins in at least a month... maybe longer....Cheers, RickO

3rd silver dime in a month and only my 5th time looking. I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

a 63 d Roosevelt dime, cool

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 21,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, did ya win on the scratch tickets, too?????

dimes are getting older now.......find a merc

bob :)

BST deals: Dozens of buys/sells. Will provide a list upon request.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]

Im trying! And yes the scratch ticket was good for a hundo!

Wow... That is a nice prize on a scratch ticket....I do not buy them, my wife does occasionally...and she usually gets a winner, small...but once got $50...Cheers, RickO