Home Metal Detecting

Coin star find Updated 9/30/19

bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2019 10:06AM in Metal Detecting

So im standing in line to cash a few scratch tickets right now and the coinstar machine is right there, I looked and didnt see anything so I walked up close and right at the edge I see a dime.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

And a nice silver dime at that.... Congratulations.... Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

free silver, nice. any mint mark?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

64' D

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Same store, same machine. Was leaving getting groceries this evening and told my girlfriend I needed to check the coinstar machine, looked in and saw another dime

Another 64'D

Very good.... the machine that keeps on giving.... ;) I would check it every day.... Cheers, RickO

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been several years since I found a silver dime at Coin Star.

@SaorAlba.... Now that is a great silver haul.... six silvers and proofs as well... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

I think im going to have to check the machines I know of a little more carefully from here on out.

• lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

nice find

Walked up to the coin star tonight and saw a load of coins in the return...

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found several car wash tokens in the coinstar reject slots myself - just wish I knew where the car washes that take them are so I could wash my car!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Great haul... and a silver dime as well....Congratulations... I have not found any coinstar coins in at least a month... maybe longer....Cheers, RickO

3rd silver dime in a month and only my 5th time looking. I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

a 63 d Roosevelt dime, cool

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, did ya win on the scratch tickets, too?????

dimes are getting older now.......find a merc

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Wow... That is a nice prize on a scratch ticket....I do not buy them, my wife does occasionally...and she usually gets a winner, small...but once got $50...Cheers, RickO

Same machine today, checked it when entering store and nothing. When I left there was a handful of change and tokens in reject slot. Plus this silver!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that’s a nice machine

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

I forgot to post here last week... found 9 quarters, five dimes, three cents... all modern, no silver. Still, was great to get a handful of change after a long drought. Cheers, RickO

edited September 30, 2019 5:48AM

It wasn’t a coin star but at my bank coin counter. I was dumping my quarters after searching for W’s. None found yet unfortunately for me :'( but when I went to dump, there was a ‘67 silver half sitting in the reject tray just waiting for me. :) . My biggest piece of silver so far! I usually find silver Rosie’s, but a barber dime is my best so far. No silver quarters for some reason.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2019 7:10AM

No silver from the coin star lately. Here is my latest find though..
    Bamboozled Again!! Lol

It's all about what the people want...

@Kliao....Congratulations on the silver half.... I have never found a silver half (or any half dollar) in the reject slot. Cheers, RickO

Just got this out of a coin star.

Nice find...Once in a while someone empties old sock drawers or boxes and these old timers show up....There are other reasons too.... ;) Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    @Kliao....Congratulations on the silver half.... I have never found a silver half (or any half dollar) in the reject slot. Cheers, RickO

This is my first half. Never thought there would be one since mostly the only people that dump them are from CRH

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been a long time since I saw $ilver in change. Congrats!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • JetstreamJetstream Posts: 36 ✭✭✭

Just found in Albertsons coin star.

An early wheat. Nice

Nice early wheatie.....and I have a small ziploc of foreign coins I have found in the coinstar...Cheers, RickO

Well.... Jackpot at the Coinstar.....Eight quarters, seven dimes, four nickels... one token, three middle east coins...No silver in the U.S. coins...not sure yet about the foreign coins...Oh yeah... three Memorial cents.... Cheers, RickO

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very dry here. Only found two cents lately.

The holidays are coming... people will be emptying jars and cleaning sock drawers....So stop by the coinstar machine frequently ;) Cheers, RickO

I found a dime recently, no silver. I'll keep looking

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Just found a 1918 and 1936-s wheaties in my change jar 🤔

I found a clad dime in the coinstar yesterday, and a 1958 wheatie on the ground...Cheers, RickO