Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set™ (19XB), Sold Out

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 21, 2019 3:56PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This set made it onto the product schedule with a July 3 release date.

2019 Pride of Two Nations (19XB)

It will contain an American Eagle One Ounce Silver Coin with an enhanced reverse proof finish and a Canadian One Ounce Silver Maple Leaf with a modified proof finish.

Mintage Limit: 100,000
Product Limit: 100,000
Household Order Limit: 5

It will be $139.95, and struck at West Point and Ottawa (which honestly doesn't look like it's spelled right).

The 19XB product number suggests this is a single year issue.

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 8:32AM

Interesting. The Mayflower coin is gold, so the price is off, and I expect that one to come in 2020. There will also be a medal, but that would not be part of a "Two-Coin" set, unless the mint is getting even looser with its terminology. And in any case, I expected that one in 2020 as well, unless they will do more than one medal.

Since there is already a joint issue with the Brits planned for next year, I am speculating that the 2019 Pride of Two Nations set is a set comprised of a Silver Eagle and a Silver Britannia coin. The price would be about right. The only questions are what mint will strike the SE and whether or not there will be a special finish.

You heard it here first. :D

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s another of the joint National Mint’s collaborations.

But which country? There were many that were mentioned by Director Ryder during various public speaking events.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 11:11AM

Maybe...but mintage on that set was (is) 10k....there will be some upset buyers if the Mint adds another 50k or so..price is about right

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @JBK.... It sounds like the collaboration with the Royal Mint that was spoken of ....Cheers, RickO

That’s already out for pre-sale by the Royal Australian Mint (RAM).

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/50th-Anniversary-of-the-Lunar-Landing-Two-Coin-Set/10283.aspx

Also, APMEX is the only U.S. re-seller for RAM products and they are doing a pre-sale, too:
    https://www.apmex.com/product/191699/2019-2-coin-domed-apollo-11-moon-landing-50th-anniv-us-ram-set

More info posted in this thread:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12319313/#Comment_12319313

—————

The “Pride of Two Nations” is something different.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

The US antenna at Alice Springs - in the center of Australia - was a primary NASA communications station.

From the APMEX site....

There is an extremely limited amount of sets available, with only 10,000 of these produced worldwide.

...and how many more from the US Mint? or...is 10k the total from both Mints

@RogerB said:
    The US antenna at Alice Springs - in the center of Australia - was a primary NASA communications station.

Alice Springs is still being used for various geospatial “white, black, and grey uses.” B)

During Apollo missions it was the Tidbinbilla Tracking Station and the Honeysuckle Creek Tracking Station.

https://www.honeysucklecreek.net/Apollo_11/index.html

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the correction - I got my spooks mixed up: happens when so much is invisible. :)

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    ...and how many more from the US Mint? or...is 10k the total from both Mints

The way I read it, the RAM bought 10K coins from the USM at a special price, but the set is all their work.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Noticed the trademark. Tried a USTPO search... way too many. :o

A guess.

US and Canada,
    Saint Lawrence Seaway?

Canada released a coin on 7 May and maybe the US Mint is adding a medal for a set?

——-

Canada: Imaginative silver coin celebrates the 60th anniversary of the inauguration of the St. Lawrence Seaway

.999 Silver
    62.6 g
    52.6 mm (2.07”)
    Proof
    2,000 mintage

http://news.coinupdate.com/canada-imaginative-silver-coin-celebrates-the-60th-anniversary-of-the-inauguration-of-the-st-lawrence-seaway/

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019 11:39PM

Coin World is reporting this is a joint USM/RCM collaboration, but has no further details.

United States Mint, Royal Canadian Mint unite for joint numismatic product

As I said, 10k limit combined for a set issued in Aussie land and the USA made no sense.

edited June 5, 2019 1:17AM

OT.

Probably was there before but I just noticed there is a “Declaration of Independence” in the 2019 catalog. No details posted.

Read an article that thinks the set might be an ASE and a Silver Maple with a unique privy mark.

If that is it then it’s disappointing.

This finally made it onto the product schedule for July 3, but still no details available.

2019 Pride of Two Nations (19XB)

See OP for any details.

@Hemispherical said:
    OT.

Probably was there before but I just noticed there is a “Declaration of Independence” in the 2019 catalog. No details posted.

It's now posted. Wow! I plan on getting one. Researching a big frame.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    OT.

I believe that was always on the BEP site. I have not seen it in person but I am sure it is impressive.

Much of what the BEP used to list is not on the mint site (yet).

@Hemispherical said:

@Hemispherical said:
    OT.

It's now posted. Wow! I plan on getting one. Researching a big frame.

Pffft. I got my copy of the DoI at the Franklin Court Printing Office (next to the B. Free Post Office) in Philadelphia, printed on a period printing press. (Right close to the site of Ben's original home.) It's the Dunlap version.

I think it cost me $9.95. But that was in 2006.

I'd take one of those over the BEP version any day. At least mine was printed in Philadelphia...

The official hand engraved print of the Declaration of Independence, our Nation’s founding document, has guided American Democracy since 1776.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing takes great pride in offering this exquisite and most cherished document to the people of the United States. May it serve as a reminder of the freedom that all Americans possess and the foundation on which it stands. This incredibly detailed engraved print is an exact reproduction of the original Declaration of Independence and is produced on parchment paper.

The Declaration of Independence is 26” x 31”, the largest hand engraved print ever produced by the BEP.

Accompanying this beautiful masterpiece is an attractive full color illustrated booklet presenting the history of the “People’s Document.” Each piece also includes a Certificate of Authenticity.

Well, hell. Details for this set has been posted, see the OP.

$139.95 for $30 of silver with a Mintage of 100K... Ugh...

Honestly, I could give a... darn... about the Maple Leaf. I think the only couple of Maple's I have is some gold bullion buried deep in a SDB, and doesn't fit anywhere into my collection.

But the Eagle. Damn. Why couldn't it have been a plain proof? Am I going to spend $140 for the Eagle? :D (I don't see anything in the schedule that could have an Enhance Reverse Proof (no, not a Enhanced Uncirculated or Reverse Proof, but an Enhanced Reverse Proof).

Crap. Looks like I'm in for one...

Is the “enhanced” reverse proof ASE a first for the series?

Thanks for the update @BackroadJunkie.

@Hemispherical said:
    Is the “enhanced” reverse proof ASE a first for the series?

Yes. Though I really need to figure out what the difference between an Enhanced RP and an Enhanced Uncirc really is... ;)

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

eff me...

I hate when they make me play this game.

A 50k mintage would make this a no brainer. A 100k mintage probably makes it worthwhile but with limited upside at that price. The comparable would be the 2011 reverse proof (99,882) and 2011-S (99,882) which can be found for $150 to $300 depending on format. But if you don't care about Maple Leaf, you are in at $140 already. If you slab them, you are pushing $200 already.

I think it'll have to be a quick flip.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

I think it has flip potential—although I’m not a flipper :)
    As did the 2011 ASE sets

Hmmmm....so the 2018 W sold out at just under 139k ($44.95) and got MANY "Ho-hum's" from the crowd because interest in ASE's is dropping...and now one with a 100k mintage and different finish ($139.95 for two coins) is getting the "go for it"????

I get the 100k thing but Canadian issues sometimes have a mintage of 5k and don't sell out so that coin will be a bust...seems a tad up there for an ASE considering the reported "dropping interest" in the series....

..and... of course I will buy some

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just looked on the Royal Canadian mint's website and saw nothing about this set. I'm a little surprised that there is nothing there... But, good Lord, on their website--talk about a LOT of junk, NCLT "coins" and a LOT (!!!!!) of exclamation points when describing these "coins."

Mark

BigA—agree the W Inca are having lower and lower sales numbers and still not budging
    But somehow the ASE special proof and reverse proofs do pretty well.
    If this were a 50,000 mintage coin it would be a no-brainer—-after all look at the 2017 congratulations set—regular S Proof—-almost tripled out of the gate because of a quick sellout

Sorry —-w “unc”

@BackroadJunkie said:

Hmmm... I've found out this is something of a lie.

The RCM will (supposedly) also have this set, with a mintage of 10K.

Thus, the mintage and product limit will not be 100K, but 110K.

The Mint should note this on it's web page.

edited June 22, 2019 3:59AM

I'll see your "Hmmm" and raise you a "Hmmmmmmmm"

SInce the Mint says

I would go with maybe the mintage IS 100k and Canada gets 10k to sell. PRODUCT limit of 100k refers to the SET and would allow another 10k of the ASE to be made for Canada but a MINTAGE limit of 100k means that total number of ASE's will be made.

I could be wrong and it that case the Mint is being a tad misleading....

Mintage limit=100,000
    That locks the number—-which tells me if 10k sets will be available by RCM; then only 90k sets available from USM

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the front page of today's Coin World.

edited June 22, 2019 9:40AM

@BigA said:
    I'll see your "Hmmm" and raise you a "Hmmmmmmmm"

SInce the Mint says

I would go with maybe the mintage IS 100k and Canada gets 10k to sell. PRODUCT limit of 100k refers to the SET and would allow another 10k of the ASE to be made for Canada but a MINTAGE limit of 100k means that total number of ASE's will be made.

I could be wrong and it that case the Mint is being a tad misleading....

@7over8 said:
    Mintage limit=100,000
    That locks the number—-which tells me if 10k sets will be available by RCM; then only 90k sets available from USM

Here's a couple of references:
    GovMint.com: A First-Ever Numismatic Collaboration: 2019 Pride of Two Nations 2-Coin Set

The U.S. Mint has set a mintage and product limit of 100,000 sets and a household limit of 5 sets, while the RCM will sell up to 10,000 additional sets. This will also be the first set to include a bilingual Certificate of Authenticity with text in English and French and will be packaged in a blue leatherette presentation case that includes a colorful depiction of the flags of both countries.

ModernCoinMart:Coming Soon: 2019 United States Mint & Royal Canadian Mint Pride of Two Nations 2-Coin Set

The United States Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint jointly decided that a strict 110,000 set mintage be set for this product. Of the entire mintage, just 10,000 will be distributed by the Royal Canadian Mint with the rest being disseminated by the United States Mint.

I can't get a reference from any coin stores because it seems it's restricted to Canadian sales. (I might be wrong about that, but I always seem to hit a restricted page.)

This certainly seems to indicate the mintage is 110K...

Edit to add: I sent a message to the Mint inquiring about this. We'll see if they answer...

edited June 22, 2019 11:34AM

Yup....110k is not 100k stated mintage of the ASE. Shouldn't matter what set the coin is in ...

110k is getting near the 138k+ final mintage of the '18 W burnished that was ho-hummed

Mintage is stated at 100,000 MAX
    That’s it my friends
    If they sell 10,000 in RCM sets then can only sell 90,000 Pride of Two Nations sets

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

It wouldn't surprise me if the product and mintage limit only apply to the U.S. The Canadian coin is DOA, so any value has to be from the eagle.

• drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

100K sets. Couldn't the same ASE be offered individually or in other sets?

@drei3ree said:
    100K sets. Couldn't the same ASE be offered individually or in other sets?

No, the Mintage Limit is the number of coins produced. If they were going to offer it in a different set, the Mintage Limit should be higher than the Product Limit.

For instance, the 3-coin American Legion set:

Mintage Limit: 50,000 gold, 400,000 silver, 750,000 clad
    Product Limit: 7,500

The USM page clearly says 100,000 Mintage.
    You might have multiple PRODUCTS but there are only 100,000 minted—period.
    Unless the USM is not telling us the truth, there is no other way to interpret it.

edited June 24, 2019 4:28AM

I agree.....but we will see......

Also...it will be interesting to see if these can be submitted on one form as one set submission rather than a US and World submissions

I’m not going deep in this purchase, it’s not like the old days

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Edit to add: I sent a message to the Mint inquiring about this. We'll see if they answer...

Got a boilerplate response from the Mint, a "We don't know crap about foreign issues," even though it contains a US Coin.

I need to find another avenue. Maybe contact the coin rags.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019 3:47AM

There must have been a reason I stopped messing with Silver Eagles. Oh, now I remember - it's not about collecting anymore. Too many special finish varieties, too many special issues.

What are we commemorating with Canada? A bilingual Cert of Authenticity?

What did Australia have to do with the Moon Landing? Oh, I remember - nothing. These things are a hassle to keep track of. Truly.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

What did Australia have to do with the Moon Landing? Oh, I remember - nothing. These things are a hassle to keep track of. Truly.

https://apollo11.csiro.au/

https://apollo11.csiro.au/the-australian-connection/live-from-the-moon/

Think of Apollo 11 and you think of that famous first footstep onto the Moon, seen by 600 million people as a grainy black and white TV image.

Getting that image to Earth took some doing.

The job of receiving the signals from the Moon fell to NASA’s tracking station at Goldstone, California, and facilities in Australia at Honeysuckle Creek and Parkes, because they had the Moon in view at the scheduled time of the moonwalk.

The signals were transmitted around the country and then to the USA through links put in place by the Australian Postmaster-General’s Department and the Overseas Telecommunications Authority. The Australian Broadcasting Commission (as the ABC was then called) managed the TV broadcast within Australia.Think of Apollo 11 and you think of that famous first footstep onto the Moon, seen by 600 million people as a grainy black and white TV image.

The job of receiving the signals from the Moon fell to NASA’s tracking station at Goldstone, California, and facilities in Australia at Honeysuckle Creek and Parkes, because they had the Moon in view at the scheduled time of the moonwalk.

The signals were transmitted around the country and then to the USA through links put in place by the Australian Postmaster-General’s Department and the Overseas Telecommunications Authority. The Australian Broadcasting Commission (as the ABC was then called) managed the TV broadcast within Australia.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019 8:00AM

You are a treasure trove of information! 2 red white and blue Oreos for you. In answer to question about 1976 I was there bouncing kids off my knees and stuff 🙀jzyskowski you ever forget which post your in and answer sort of two for one😜

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t know if anyone addressed/clarified this yet...but the mintage limit for this special ASE set is 110,000 (as per the currently posted Mint press release). I’m assuming 100,000 for the US side and 10,000 for the Canadians.

I believe there was a question if the total mintage was going to be 90,000, 100,000 or 110,000, depending on the split sales between the two mints.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think of Apollo 11 and you think of that famous first footstep onto the Moon, seen by 600 million people as a grainy black and white TV image.

Thanks for the background info. I still think it's a stretch to commemorate the Apollo Moon Landing as a joint venture, but I also understand marketing. That's not to say that the Aussies didn't help with the communications, but it was an American, USA accomplishment to put the first man on the moon, in my humble opinion.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@RichR said:
    Don’t know if anyone addressed/clarified this yet...but the mintage limit for this special ASE set is 110,000 (as per the currently posted Mint press release). I’m assuming 100,000 for the US side and 10,000 for the Canadians.

I believe there was a question if the total mintage was going to be 90,000, 100,000 or 110,000, depending on the split sales between the two mints.

Agree.

PR says 110,000, but the listing on the usmint.gov still says 100,000.

Snapshots before one or the other is fixed:

Listing on the site:

Press release:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file