Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just made a error on a coin at a Heritage auction. Wanted to bid way less than submitted UPDATED!!

washingtonrainbowswashingtonrainbows Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
edited May 21, 2019 4:39AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Now high bidder by far on a coin I was marking only to follow. I only wanted to follow and not buy. Will HA fix this on Monday when I call?

see below

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@washingtonrainbows said:
    Now high bidder by far on a coin I was marking only to follow. I only wanted to follow and not buy. Will HA fix this on Monday when I call?

I just did the same thing and have read that they will fix it with someone reporting they did it via email.

How many days left in the auction?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

You can change it yourself as long as you remain the high bidder. In other words, if you put on 1000 and it is currently at 400, you can lower it to 400. If that helps

That's awesome. I should try it out just to get familiar with how it works.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

You can change it yourself as long as you remain the high bidder. In other words, if you put on 1000 and it is currently at 400, you can lower it to 400. If that helps

That's awesome. I should try it out just to get familiar with how it works.

Find a lot no one had bid on yet. It'll be a safe experiment

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have received messages from you and responded, but it sounds as if for some reason, you have not received my replies. You can email me directly at Heritage: mfeld@ha.com

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@Zoins said:

I just did the same thing and have read that they will fix it with someone reporting they did it via email.

How many days left in the auction?

Long Beach early June

From the thread I read, that should be enough time for HA to retract the bid.

I'd try the approach mentioned by @jmlanzaf first as it seems to be a generally useful thing to know.

• Options

@MFeld said:

Send me a PM with the relevant information and I’ll be happy to assist as best I can.

I don’t think my messages are making one. I can reply but for some reason I am having a difficult time starting a new series of messages. Can u send me an initial message so I can give you the details

Done and as mentioned, you can email me directly at Heritage, instead.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Good job helping that gentleman out @Mfeld, you took a lot of stress from his shoulders! I know what that is like to accidently bid on something or bid too much on something and end up winning it and not wanting to pay nearly as much as you would have liked. Again, good job helping him out!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great information, thank you all for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a wonderful gesture by mark. A truly caring person.

Now I'm wondering.....If my car breaks down in NY, would Mark would come down and fix it?

• Options

@jkrk said:
    What a wonderful gesture by mark. A truly caring person.

Now I'm wondering.....If my car breaks down in NY, would Mark would come down and fix it?

Thank you. But sorry, I only handle car repairs within a 500 mile radius and poorly, at that.😉

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file