Options

Delete

robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 10, 2019 5:19AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Delete

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting indeed. I’ve had a few excellent deals with Reed in the last few months. Seems like a victory for D&A

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you can go home again. Maybe my kids will meet Reed once I kick the bucket and they dump all my stuff.

I’m waiting to see if this story goes somewhere

Mike
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, how I love this hobby. Man, I've never felt so alive. Great article.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

WOW.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes to Reed, but I really wouldn't want my title to be abbreviated DoA

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:
    Good luck to Reed. The article said he was living in Buffalo, so a coming home of sorts.
    No comment on those who live in Buffalo. God bless them. I never could. Best of luck to Reed.

Interesting. He's repeatedly mentioned on Facebook that he lives in Hawaii.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@1970s said:
    Good luck to Reed. The article said he was living in Buffalo, so a coming home of sorts.
    No comment on those who live in Buffalo. God bless them. I never could. Best of luck to Reed.

Interesting. He's repeatedly mentioned on Facebook that he lives in Hawaii.

Not recently. Originally from there, I think, and went there a couple months back to get married. I’ve seen Buffalo mentions more recently.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also possible I interpreted "going home" messages as "going to where I live" not "going back to where I'm from".

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to you Reed @dmurphy3mvp ! He is great for the hobby and always happy to help others or share thoughts on all things in the card world. We will miss him at the BBCE area of the National and his facebook posts of his travels...guess I will have to start following D&A now as well. ;)

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Made nice deal with him at the national a few years back.Great guy.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

Have you seen Reed's wife?...a lot of Celtic blood in her like my wife...Hawaii's a great place to visit with lots of sunscreen, umbrellas, long sleeve clothing, but Buffalo is much easier on that fair skin! :D

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2019 12:12AM

Looking forward to what he does. I get down to Dave and Adam's at least every 4-6 weeks. They have got REALLY heavy into comics the last few years which I have no interest in. Hoping they get a bit heavier into cards now. They carry very little in singles, sets, older wax etc. Great place to buy current card products and supplies at reasonable prices, but very limited in older material. If you are a Sabres, Bills fan or Magic/Pokemon, it is THE PLACE to go!

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

How sweet must your life be when you work at BBCE and yet you find an even more intriguing job!

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Congrats, Reed. Good luck with the new gig.

Casey

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I lived just down the street from Dave and Adams store on Sheridan Drive. I left Buffalo 32 years ago but when I visit I stop in and browse. I haven’t looked but I’m assuming it’s still in its original location.
    I did 31 years of Buffalo winters. That was 30 too many.

They had 4 stores at 1 point but a couple years ago they closed 3 and have a MASSIVE store on Sheridan just east of Transit Road in Williamsville.

Buffalo winters are amazing, you can have feet of snow in one area of Buffalo/Niagara and a couple inches a few miles away...

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

@CdnOsfan said:

@2dueces said:
    I lived just down the street from Dave and Adams store on Sheridan Drive. I left Buffalo 32 years ago but when I visit I stop in and browse. I haven’t looked but I’m assuming it’s still in its original location.
    I did 31 years of Buffalo winters. That was 30 too many.

They had 4 stores at 1 point but a couple years ago they closed 3 and have a MASSIVE store on Sheridan just east of Transit Road in Williamsville.

Buffalo winters are amazing, you can have feet of snow in one area of Buffalo/Niagara and a couple inches a few miles away...

2 feet of snow in 2017, and 7 feet of snow in 2014 :s

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Reed’s exploits but that dude is a hot head given the opportunity lol

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240