Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Delete

robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

This place in North Kingstown RI is friendly and gets good reviews: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Collectibles-Store/Baseball-Cards-of-Rhode-Island-173076712718316/
    I haven’t bought bulk there, but I’ve snagged some supplies and singles. When I’ve stopped in there’s usually a customer in there opening some stuff up and the owner is generally packaging stuff up to ship out. He posts the hits on Facebook and runs some contests from time to time. It’s probably 20-30 minutes south of Providence, which is already an hour-ish south of Boston, so keep that in mind if you want to head there.

Jim

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kenmore Collectibles, right by Fenway Park. Ask for Peter

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

@burghman said:
    This place in North Kingstown RI is friendly and gets good reviews: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Collectibles-Store/Baseball-Cards-of-Rhode-Island-173076712718316/
    I haven’t bought bulk there, but I’ve snagged some supplies and singles. When I’ve stopped in there’s usually a customer in there opening some stuff up and the owner is generally packaging stuff up to ship out. He posts the hits on Facebook and runs some contests from time to time. It’s probably 20-30 minutes south of Providence, which is already an hour-ish south of Boston, so keep that in mind if you want to head there.

Place has been in business since 1988, throwback to the old days. Good guys, generally deal in supplies, lot of modern, not much vintage, large store. Would I recommend traveling from Boston? Not sure, but if driving through the area I would stop in.
    Nothing else in RI to even mention.
    There is a good store in Saugus, Sportsworld, just outside of Boston. Has a little bit of everything, had good success there. I would definitely look into it if in Boston.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@robert67 said:
    My wife and I are headed to Boston in April for our annual Spring trip.

Our tradition, now that we have been empty nesters for a few years, is that we leave Nashville and visit another US city every April. Of course checking out some local LCS's is a must. Lol.

What a cool thing to do Robert. How many cities have you and your wife visited since starting this tradition? I have nothing to offer as far as Boston goes however I'm sure Perkdog has some room on his couch 😁

Hope you and your wife have a blast and above all, be safe.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 10:36AM

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

That's cool your wife lets you check out the not so LCS when you go out of town. My wife is the same way. If you are ever in Las Vegas check out Ultimate Sportscards. They are in the Fremont area. That has been a repeat shop for me. I browsed their 71T box last time and found several good deals. They have a pretty good selection of everything.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Kenmore Collectibles is a great shop. The address is 466 Commonwealth Avenue #103, 617-482-5705