Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Moneyfactory: 2019 America’s Founding Fathers Currency Set (B15052) (Sold Out)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 7, 2020 3:45AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Should I post Moneyfactory products? They're not coin related, but they are on the US Mint Website, and they are money. I never posted these when they were on moneyfactory.com...

The BEP (Bureau of Engraving and Printing) has inserted a product into the product schedule (and it looks like this is how moneyfactory products will be introduced) for Feb 19, the 2019 America’s Founding Fathers Currency Set.

2019 America’s Founding Fathers Currency Set (B15052)

Mintage Limit: None
Product Limit: 5,000
Household Order Limit: None 25

(Edit: HHL's put on the product sometime prior to 2/17...)
(Edit: HHL's lifted 2/20...)

This set will consist of a $1 FRN (Series 2017, New York) and a $2 FRN (Series 2013, San Francisco) with matching serial numbers, beginning with "2019".

The sample FRN's. This is the set you want. :wink:

Boutique sets like these typically sold out on moneyfactory.com, but now being sold on the US Mint site, these could go very quickly. It's about the only way you'll find matching S/N's.

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, I like it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is something I am interested in then, yes, you should post it here. ;)

I might look at this set, but I will admit that the use of the mint's fulfillment service to ship it is a huge disincentive. The BEP knew how to send their products so they were not damaged in the mail.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I'm not a coin snob, money is money. It took the mint years to finally post currency. Your updates are always welcome. Matching serial numbers? That is very cool.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

While not a currency collector (other than good liars poker serial numbers ;) ), This does look interesting...Might just get a set... Cheers, RickO

• Options

The BEP (or whoever decides these things) has put a HHL of 25 onto these.

Still with only 5000 sets available.... I'm in for one. Maybe two, I could use one for a b-day gift... :D

• Options

@JBK said:
    If it is something I am interested in then, yes, you should post it here. ;)

I might look at this set, but I will admit that the use of the mint's fulfillment service to ship it is a huge disincentive. The BEP knew how to send their products so they were not damaged in the mail.

The packaging they shipped the Apollo print in, was much better than the brown fiber hard envelopes they used to use. Much stiffer, and it doesn't come from "The Department Of The Treasury" like they did when you ordered from moneyfactory.com. On the down side, it does come smartpost. :smile:

We'll see how they ship future items...

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is great for the grandkids and YC's. If there is a HHL of 25, how do they allow a discount when buying 50 or more?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the Apollo one by subscription so looking forward to the others being released later this year. Saw the Founding Father one and am on the fence. I'll probably add them to the cart. LOL

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for making it clear that the SNs match. I had already viewed this product and thought it nice, but awfully expensive for $3 in modern currency. Now I get it. I’m still not sure if I’ll buy but I like the discussion here.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was listed in world coins collection lots, it never had a chance

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019 6:03PM

@Namvet69 said:
    This is great for the grandkids and YC's. If there is a HHL of 25, how do they allow a discount when buying 50 or more?

That is funny! Wonder if PFSWeb/BEP will catch that snafu.

• Options

I have set, unset, reset my alarm clock more than once. I won't know until it's 11:59 EST.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@Namvet69 said:

That is funny! Wonder if PFSWeb/BEP will catch that snafu.

(snip)

Not a snafu. HHL's will (probably) be lifted after the first day.

It is no different than bulk sales, which are excluded when HHL's are in effect. When lifted, large buyers can get the discount.

• Options

On sale today at Noon.

With 5000 available, it'll be interesting to see if they sell out. Moneyfactory never had the traffic of the Mint site.

• Options

In fairness, BEP items only recently moved their order fulfillment to the mint system. I'm thinking this will add awareness and therefore more customers. This Founding Fathers offering will sell out it just may take a few days.

I'm still waffling. No, not as in making waffles though it is 5am here, that may not be a bad idea.

• Options

Well if you like the 2019 at 5000, you can still grab the 2018 with a mintage of 5000, no household limit on the 2018.

• Options

That was easy.

USM064626xx

• Options
    edited February 19, 2019 10:03AM

Done
    USM064627XX

What can I say. I'm a hopeless addict

Edit to add
    The waffles were good

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got my 25 limit! B)

Uhhh I mean my 2 :*o:)

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

After me and Gluggo, there are only 4,996 left. Liked the matching serial numbers.

• Options

4,995. 5 sold to super nerds of this here forum, if you please

• Options

Email notice mine has shipped

• Options
    edited February 20, 2019 11:38PM

Yep, got a notice last night they shipped...

Edit: Oh, HHL's lifted.

• Options

Status flipped to "Currently Unavailable"...

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Status flipped to "Currently Unavailable"...

That was fast!

Weird that the 2018 is still available.

• Options

It was delivered this morning. Very nice.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2019 7:41PM

I got mine today in a white flat holder? Now what do I do with them? I think I will leave them Unopened just in case there is a chance for First Strike recognition.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    It was delivered this morning. Very nice.

@Gluggo said:
    I got mine today in a white flat holder? Now what do I do with them? I think I will leave them Unopened just in case there is a chance for First Strike Print recognition.

(Fixed it for you.)

It kills me that you guys are getting your order, and mine is still labeled for arrival March 4. I even had a lower order number... :s

They will probably get here today or tomorrow, but still, you guys live a little further from the Mint than I do.

Well, a winning S/N would make up for my first world problem... :D

• Options

BRJ hang in there and I like the First Print Designation. Honestly I have no idea why mine came all the way up to Alaska this fast. Blows me away!

• Options

My serial number doesn't look like a winner. L20195389A

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

So what constitutes a winning serial number? Sorry for my ignorance.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@Kudbegud said:

Depends on what the collector is looking for:

Low Number
    All one number
    Radar (reads the same both ways)
    Repeater (two numbers repeated)
    Binary (0 and 1)
    Stand Alone (a single digit surrounded by 0)

Other variations involving the SN.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kudbegud said:

Depends on what the collector is looking for:

Low Number
    All one number
    Radar (reads the same both ways)
    Repeater (two numbers repeated)
    Binary (0 and 1)
    Stand Alone (a single digit surrounded by 0)

Other variations involving the SN.

They're limited for this FRN, since it starts with 2019. We aren't even sure of the S/N ranges. The sample bill ended in 0000, Kudbegud's ends in 5389. With 5000 available, the numbers may be discontinuous.

Winning combinations will look like 20192019, 20199102, 20191817. Lesser winners would be a variation, such as 20191819, 20192018 or 20191919. You might get someone to pay extra for anything unusual, such as 2019xxxx, where x is the same number repeated. Odd ones could contain another date, such as 20191776 or 2019.

Other than getting sequential numbers when buying multiple sets, I've never won the S/N lottery... :smiley:

• Options
    1. Not a winner. :wink:

It's too bad the sales numbers for BEP products aren't published. Welll, not published yet...

• Options

Well, in dollar bill poker you got 4 aces

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the 20190000 serial numbers!

• Options

I once ordered a bunch of singles from Moneyfactory (the Millennial issue, I think.) Ordered something like 15 of them for stocking stuffers, and they all came in consecutive S/N order.

I no longer wanted to give them away. It's a sickness, I tell you. Still working on a ten-step program... :smile:

• Options
    edited April 26, 2019 11:15AM

There are a few of these available if you were looking for one...

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    There are a few of these available if you were looking for one...

Just went UA as I was trying to checkout. :|

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have they really sold out or just out of stock? Where does one find mintages of BEP products? They don't seem to show up on the Mint's production/sales side.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    Have they really sold out or just out of stock? Where does one find mintages of BEP products? They don't seem to show up on the Mint's production/sales side.

Not quite the same as the Mint’s numbers but this is what BEP generates.

http://bep.gov/resources/collectorinformation.html

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Hemi -- their site is a bit daunting. Couldn't find anything about collectable production, but prolly buried in there somewhere.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file