• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is a keeper! Nice.

Mike
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2019 2:55PM

If you're an exhibit card collector?

This vending machine would be the ultimate at over 6 ft tall.

Exhibit Supply Co. - Chicago - c1940s

And a couple of companion pieces.

I would've swopped out the star studded one if it wasn't already in a frame.

Mike
  • Options

Ty Cobb used this check to purchase World Series Tickets. It has the Yankee World Series account stamp on the back.

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

got this flyer from a show,seen a copy of the Hirshfield litho... kinda spendy
    so I had my son draw me my own copy "Priceless"

• Options

another Nice Item Via Upper Deck ( Numbered 24/24 To Boot!! )
    Dec 2009

During this Holiday Season, we would like to hear your stories about how you contribute to society by giving away cards/product to those less fortunate. Tell/Show us how you help to make a difference during the holidays, and one selfless fan will get an autographed Ken Griffey Jr. promotional poster opposed to lumps of coal ;) Happy Holidays!

Thank you to everyone for sharing your various stories of how you help the less fortunate over the holidays. Michael Doffing was our random winner - thank you "magicpapa" for helping to spread holiday cheer to those in need throughout the year! We hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

What year did you get the Mantle auto Keith.

It's one of the nicer I've seen.

Mike
  • Options
    BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Yall have some freaking awesome collections. Ive really enjoy looking at this thread.
    I have 3 things that are probably my favorites.

In the frames with the Super Bowl Patches are original ticket stubs from each of the Redskins 5 Super Bowl appearances. The first one is the Dolphins undefeated season in 72 and the last 2 stubs are Autographed by the SB MVPs William's and Rypien.

An autographed "Slingin" Sammy Baugh (Best all round player ever IMO) Jersey I framed myself.

If my house was engulfed in flames and I could only grab one thing from my collection on the way out my Sean Taylor autographed mini helmet is coming with me.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Babe, Dolph Camille and my Grandfather. Babe was a spring training instructor for the Dodgers at the time. My grandfather worked in PR for the Cardinals.....

• Options

with photo

• Options

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:

Sophomore year of college playing ball - had more hair back then too 😉 One time someone asked me how I knew it was a real signature and not a fake... Just had to laugh.

• Options

Really nice Keith - think I remember the photo.

Here's a nice letter written by former President Hoover to the president of the national league - thanking him for the pass.

Mike
  • Options

It's amazing how many of those Wiffle Ball full boxes survived. Very nice - and great to display.

Mine are softball sized.

I have some WS press pins - these are my 2 favorite pairs from the '55 and '56 WS:

And here's the "original" artwork from Balfour for the '55 Yankees WS pin:

Mike
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 10:56AM

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got another fun one...

Super Bowl 42 (Giants-Patriots I) Game Used Football

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Another Gift

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019 5:59PM

Hand painted on 16”x16” tile. <3

• Options

Is there a story behind the tile? Reminds me of the old Atari game.

Mike
  • Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Is there a story behind the tile? Reminds me of the old Atari game.

Very close! It’s a Tecmo Bowl (8 bit original Nintendo game) image of Walter Payton.

• Options
    edited February 11, 2019 5:19PM

Here's probably the ugliest set I have.

1952 Baseball Emblem

Full set (approx. 5x5") - 16 teams - since it came out in 1952 - here's the complete checklist in the "order they finished" in that year.

NY Yankees - WS Champions

American League

1. Yanks
    2. Indians
    3. White Sox
    4. Athletics
    5. Senators
    6. Red Sox
    7. Browns
    8. Tigers

National League

1. Dodgers
    2. Giants
    3. Cardinals
    4. Phillies
    5. Cubs
    6. Reds
    7. Braves
    8. Pirates

What are they?

Ugly! Can be mounted on a bike or car or used as an ice scraper.

Mike
  • Options
    JTPlatnumJTPlatnum Posts: 4
    edited February 10, 2019 7:01PM

@davidlisa said:
    Ty Cobb used this check to purchase World Series Tickets. It has the Yankee World Series account stamp on the back.

I'm curious as to why it says 'Reno, Nevada'. I had no idea he had any association with Reno, Nevada...let alone having a bank account there.

• Options

Bumping this awesome thread and begging for more participation...

:smile::smile::smile:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@JTPlatnum said:

@davidlisa said:

I'm curious as to why it says 'Reno, Nevada'. I had no idea he had any association with Reno, Nevada...let alone having a bank account there.

He lived the last few years of his life there in his hunting cabin before moving back to Georgia.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those Jordan 11's are crazy!

I got these back in 2006. These gloves were worn during Pujols' record breaking month of April, 2014. He hit 14 home runs in April, which is the most ever for that month. Also, a neat additional tidbit, in the 2007 Topps card, he is wearing the same model of gloves....possibly the exact same ones.

84-Pujols-Display

Shane

• Options

That's a really good looking display Shane.

I assume that's the COA with his sig? Really nice touch to put it in the display.

Mike
  • Options

Got this many years ago.

By the SLU, I was able to find the game - Sep 2, 1953 (Wed) - @ Detroit

Boston won 5-2; Ted Williams went 1 for 3, 1 RBI; Piersall 2/3; Kell 0/3.

Boston Mgr - HOFer Lou Boudreau

Mike
  • Options

Nice.

Mike
  • Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

My engraving from 1877. It's called fathers favorite chair.

• Options
    jalovrajalovra Posts: 75 ✭✭

Stubs from my childhood

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite collectible (non sports)

• Options

@han_soto said:
    diggin the artwork!

“what condition my condition is in..”

26” x 20” but pic makes it looks skewed.

Is it fair to say that the best thing about your painting is that it really ties the room together?

• Options

@addicted2ebay said:

Good Old Nintendo

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2019 1:12PM

With the season right around the corner, and the Bryce Harper presser wrapped up, figured I'd share this as well. Signed by 26 members of the 2009 team, including Pedro Martinez.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    edited March 2, 2019 4:44PM

@addicted2ebay said:

Did you play Mario 3 a lot?

My son was serious about the game and we played it so much that we had contests to see who could save the princess the fastest?

He beat me every time. His record: 25 minutes; mine: 28 minutes

And, I'm going off my head? When you save the princess and replay immediately? You get 28 P-wings! Definitely makes "looking around" interesting since ya never know what you're gonna find.

I was also a big Adventures of LoLo fan - have completed I, II and III versions

Thanx for the flashback!

Mike
  • Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

the first one.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2019 6:59PM

As a catcher growing up about an hour and a half from Atlanta I loved this guy. Gamer from 1983.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Here's a couple more of my favorites. The cap has a bit of a story to it. It was listed on Ebay and I verified the cap with the MLB coa that was attached to it. I saw the date of the game that it came from and googled that date/game. A photo came up from that game with the image that was featured later on the give away lunch box and also on a souvenir cup that was given out at the concessions at a later time.

So it appears that I have the autographed cap that is shown in those images.

image image

Another favorite piece is the 2010 All-Star clubhouse chair, signed by Evan.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

my work in progress Masters "Champs" flag. a couple of years ago when i decided to embark on this journey, i made a pact with my girlfriend. per her request, she gets to cozy up to the players and acquire the graphs (whenever possible), but ultimately i get the flag. thus far it has been a beautiful thing. not only has it included her in my dream project, but it has also opened the door for additional benefits -- such as freeing up my hands to preserve memories. i included Jordan, Freddie Boom Boom and Phil (i need him on this flag but got him on another) below.

in about a month we'll be harassing pros at the Valero in San Antonio to see if we can increase the tally

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

1st issue signed by 5 cast members.

• Options

@han_soto said:
    nintendo! this topic should probably have its own thread. after all there are cards. but lets face it, nintendo and mario was prolly just as relevant to most of us on this board as our collecting! i seriously think my mom would take away my nintendo privleges just to get her zelda fix. great post.

that first beckett bball and football one along w the death of superman comic were stapleholds too!

and great biff jersey!

you guys are taking me way back! ahhh the good ol days!!

WAY BACK