Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl prediction thread.

2»

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if they weren't my team, I'd still pick the Pats to win. I just don't think the Rams have enough talent to overcome the Brady machine once it gets rolling. Just for grins...Pats by 31-10.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

I believe the Eagles were a better team last year than the Rams are this year, and they were 7 point underdogs. And I think the Pats are a better team this year than last. I know the Eagles had Foles at QB instead of Wentz, but 7 points! That line is speaking volumes. Looks like the bookies are inviting people to take the Pats....and we all know what happens in those instances.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

The deciding factor from my stand-point; can the Patriots O-line continue to provide the protection as they did in the 2 previous playoff games. The Patriots lost both Super Bowl games to the NYG’s due to a 4 man pass rush, and a crazy catch in each game. If Suh, Brockers, Donald, and Fowler can pressure Brady quickly and keep 7 in the secondary, the Pats could struggle. Should be a great game: Pats 27 Rams 24

• It's probably going to be a decent scoring game and hit OT. Pats win by 3 after losing OT coin toss. Goff will throw a pick. 41-38

Why? Tony Romo is a broadcaster, he's very good at predicting plays. Both teams will have someone listening in to the booth to hear his input. It will throw the game off. Be ready for poor timeout management from both sides.

I predict Burkhead to have a great game and Devlin to get at least one TD. Rams will try to shutdown Pats running when Sony/White are in the backfield. The Burkhead/Devlin/Gronk combo will own the Red zone.

The Anderson/Gurley combo should do quite well. Combine for 4 TDs.

A longer Superbowl means more $ for CBS.

The real question is how many blown calls and "gate" shenanigans happen... RefGate, RomoGate, Pick gate, yadada lol

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 7:22PM

@MABrian said:
    It's probably going to be a decent scoring game and hit OT. Pats win by 3 after losing OT coin toss. Goff will throw a pick. 41-38

Why? Tony Romo is a broadcaster, he's very good at predicting plays. Both teams will have someone listening in to the booth to hear his input. It will throw the game off. Be ready for poor timeout management from both sides.

I predict Burkhead to have a great game and Devlin to get at least one TD. Rams will try to shutdown Pats running when Sony/White are in the backfield. The Burkhead/Devlin/Gronk combo will own the Red zone.

The Anderson/Gurley combo should do quite well. Combine for 4 TDs.

A longer Superbowl means more $ for CBS.

The real question is how many blown calls and "gate" shenanigans happen... RefGate, RomoGate, Pick gate, yadada lol

gurley is benched due to being a creampuff anderson is too fat to be on the bench it would snap in half , he killed the pats when he was in denver but he put on 200 pounds since then

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

This game will be won in the trenches. The Pats needs give Brady a clean pocket if the Patriots hope to win.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone heard anything new on Todd Gurley's injury lately?

@erikthredd said:

The have been hush on it the last six weeks. They say the game plan is to give him a ton of looks. Maybe just a prep decoy. Something ain’t right

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:

@erikthredd said:

The have been hush on it the last six weeks. They say the game plan is to give him a ton of looks. Maybe just a prep decoy. Something ain’t right

m

if he's really hurt I don't think that would be too wise but I'd gladly take another 5 touches on offense from him in the SB if it comes down to that.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Whatever Gurley's injury is, He obviously isn't ready to assume a full workload, at least as of last Sunday. How else can you justify keeping him on the sidelines during the NFC championship game. Will he be right with two more weeks of rest? I certainly wouldn't bet on it. He's had plenty of time to recover from whatever it is that he has, but even in the game against Dallas, he just didn't look like himself.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Rams 27-20

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would prefer the Pats win as the Rams certainly shouldn't even be there. Or if the Rams win I would like the Saints to have a parade and declare themselves the real Chaps. Similar to UCF.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

31-24.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

I think the Pats are peaking at the right time and I got them winning a close one,31-28. James White gets named SB MVP.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather see the Patriots win, but i think this game sets up better for the Rams.

So despite the fact that i basically do not like Los Angeles teams in general, I'm forced to pick the Rams.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pats 39 Rams 37

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Pats 27 - 17

Robb

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree the Pats will obviously be the better team. They will dominate the game more than is reflected in the final score.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked the KC chiefs would win the last game so obviously I'm disqualified from making a pick :'(

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams not only cover, but win outright

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:

@galaxy27.....I expect you to haze me when this happens....as I cant see that happening! Good Luck. B)

i can't see it happening either, which is why i think it's going to happen

@Justacommeman said:
    This game will be won in the trenches. The Pats needs give Brady a clean pocket if the Patriots hope to win.

m

Indeed

m

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was my first Pats Super Bowl where I stuck to my guns and did not make any predictions, but any squares or do any fantasy football plays. Now that the game is over I honestly really didn’t have a feel for who was going to win, I knew both teams were capable but I figured the Pats were going to have their typical zero point first quarter and we’re going to be playing catch up and the game would be won by the team that had the last possession. I know a lot of people that got destroyed by betting the over though.