Home Precious Metals

2008 Great Britain £5 Platinum (3oz) Elizabeth I 450 Year Commemorative Piefort Crown (S-4563 Pt)

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 25, 2019 11:06AM in Precious Metals

My first coin purchase of 2019 is this beautifully detailed Very Low (only 125) Mintage 2008 Great Britain £5 Platinum (3 Troy Oz) Queen Elizabeth I 450 Year Commemorative Piefort Crown (S-4563 Pt).

She’s quite a looker!! 😁 How do you like her? — I started the year off with a Bang!!😁

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite the coin! Way to go. :)

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! 3 ounces of platinum?? That is way cool

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome first purchase! Looks like a massive coin, too.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok got to admit even though I despise platinum this is pretty cool

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not crazy about the design, and I'm sure that the Brits' premium was through the roof on this one, but a 3 ozer Plat is pretty cool.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a platinum collector, but the coin is really nice. Cheers, RickO

• StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 In reply to your following quoted post, I decided to purchase this 2008 Great Britain Very Low (only 125) Mintage £5 Platinum (3 Troy Oz) Queen Elizabeth 1 450 Year Commemorative Piefort Crown (S-4563 Pt) for a couple of reasons:

1) I liked the well executed Detailed Proof Ultra Cameo design including both Elizabeth I & II.

2) With Platinum prices historically very low compared to Gold, although I paid a significant premium over current Platinum price, it was still considerably less than if it were 3oz of Gold.

So, I thought the market timing was right to invest in this coin — if I ever would...

@jmski52 said:
    Not crazy about the design, and I'm sure that the Brits' premium was through the roof on this one, but a 3 ozer Plat is pretty cool.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"