Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay "guaranteed" delivery date

derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 18, 2019 7:12PM in U.S. Coin Forum

New to me! You can get a $5 ebay voucher if your purchase does not arrive by guaranteed date. Not to be confused with "estimated delivery" date. Not sure how ebay determines when to offer guaranteed vs. estimated. Made my first purchase with this guarantee, hope it gets delayed (three day weekend coming up).

Ebay Info

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder who's on the hook for the $5?

• Options
    edited January 18, 2019 7:11PM

@mannie gray said:
    I wonder who's on the hook for the $5?

gotta be ebay. Seller doesn't guarantee the date. Ebay does based on shipping info seller enters into the listing. I believe they are gonna learn that they need to tweek that algorithm. Adding Registered Mail as a drop down shipping option would be a good start.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually ebay only offers this option to sellers who come through so to speak! Have too many late shipments and ebay will not offer the option to sellers...I believe you have to offer next day shipping to be enrolled in the program. I am!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Actually ebay only offers this option to sellers who come through so to speak! Have too many late shipments and ebay will not offer the option to sellers...I believe you have to offer next day shipping to be enrolled in the program. I am!

Yes, this is all true. I'm also "enrolled". I don't do anything. eBay just offers my peeps a guarantee. Nice little perk.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

Yes, this is all true. I'm also "enrolled". I don't do anything. eBay just offers my peeps a guarantee. Nice little perk.

But, the buyer, instead of getting a $5 voucher for late "guaranteed" delivery, has the option to return the item as part of the guarantee.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how long that will last? just wondering

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

I already got the voucher twice for the video games I purchased for my kids. The vouchers were issued instantly once I reported late shipment through option.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@amwldcoin said:

But, the buyer, instead of getting a $5 voucher for late "guaranteed" delivery, has the option to return the item as part of the guarantee.

So what? The buyer ALWAYS has the option of returning the item, no matter what people think. You can say "No returns" 1000 different ways but a SNAD or a CC chargeback will override your no return policy EVERY SINGLE TIME.

• Options
    toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 11:28PM

Seems a bit risky to guarantee that the usps (probably the most used shipper.....for coins at least) will deliver in the time alloted. I shipped a coin from Arizona to Missouri and it went through Puerto Rico to get there.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay is getting sellers to sign up by covering the refund now. That will switch and sellers will be on the hook. There’s almost nothing I sell that is generic enough that people could buy a different one if they want to. No reason for me to give a buyer a reason to be mad at me and take my money.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great...I'll start by ordering a gross of toothpicks from China....Individually B)

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only offer "Economy" shipping, although I ship priority over 1 pound, 1st class or FedEx, so I do not get burned on "delivery" times. I also ship the same or next day, depending on time of payment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file