Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Presidential Medals (S803, S804, S805, S806) (John Quincy Adams on sale@Noon.)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2019 11:07PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The US Mint will be releasing the next four presidential medals struck on ASE blanks in 2019. These are the same designs that have been on the 1 5/8" and 3" bronze medals since they started making presidential medals.

Washington and John Adam were released last year. They actually looked pretty good. The Mint will strike four medals this year: Jefferson (S803, January 25), Madison (S804, Spring), Monroe (S805, Summer) and JQ Adams (S806, Fall). The Mint will continue to release four medals per year (in elected order) until we run out of presidents.

Bear in mind that these are medals that are destined to become part of the permanent catalog, so they'll be available forever, with a mintage in the bazillions. On the other hand, they were well struck, and almost reasonably priced (for a Mint product.)

They've announced the first medal struck this year, Thomas Jefferson, to be released on January 25th.

Price: $39.95
Mintage Limit: None
Product Limit: None
Household Order Limit: None

Thomas Jefferson Presidential Silver Medal

I am still on the fence about collecting the set. I have the 1 5/8" bronze set, so yeah, maybe. The bronze and silver might look pretty good side-by-side in an album... :smile: It wouldn't be that expensive (for a Mint product), but I'd end up with four more pounds of silver by the time it's done...

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @BackroadJunkie.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got to admit, looks nice in silver!!!!

• Options

While the Apollo 11 commems are all the rage, the Jefferson did get released today...

• Options

Ordered one. My, how fast I checked out....

USM063865xx :smile:

• Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not purchased any of these, yet, but I do like the look of them. I think they will be more appealing to collectors if they maintain a profile view of the head instead of the dollar coins which show varied angles.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

The series of presidential medals from the US Mint was one of the big sellers on the 19th century. Considerable effort was expended to add Washington and Adams to the group since there were no medals original to their terms of office.

• Options

Sales through Feb 3: 6,275

It did better than the Platinum Proof... :wink:

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bear in mind that these are medals that are destined to become part of the permanent catalog, so they'll be available forever, with a mintage in the bazillions. On the other hand, they were well struck, and almost reasonably priced (for a Mint product.)

The Washington is sitting at a little over 17k sold, so not too bad...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

Madison Silver Presidential Medal goes on sale on 6 May.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are very nice medals...and I have considered the Jefferson since he is a great historical figure and an amazing individual. No decision yet... still stacking ASE's...Cheers, RickO

• Options

Info on Madison is now on the Mint’s website. Sales start at 1200 Eastern on 6 May. Price $39.95.

Also, enrollment for the Presidential Silver medals are now available. See the link down below.

Description:

“Add pure 99.9 percent silver to your collection with the Presidential Silver Medal Series.

James Madison, our fourth President, was instrumental in determining the course of the new Republic and forming the new national Government. Along with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay, he wrote the Federalist Papers, a series of 85 essays advocating adoption of the U.S. Constitution.

The obverse (heads side) of the medal features a portrait of James Madison with the inscriptions “JAMES MADISON,” “PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES,” and “A.D. 1809.”

The reverse (tails) features the inscription “PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP,” symbolized by two hands clasped in token of amity. On the cuff of the left wrist are three stripes and buttons, while the other wrist is bare. Above the hands, the pipe of peace and the tomahawk are crossed over each other.

Enhance or begin your collection with the Presidential Silver Medal Series!“

https://catalog.usmint.gov/james-madison-presidential-silver-medal-S804.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

—————-

Finally, someone listened.

Enrollments are now available for the Presidential Silver medals.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/presidential-silver-medal-enrollment-RJ.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule&q=null&start=null

• Options

Tomorrow, May 6, James Madison are on sale at 1200 Eastern.

Washington, Adam, and Jefferson are available.

• Options

Got the email notice for the next Prez.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve started this series they are well done.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

I'm still not committed to the set, even though I've got a subscription and have every one of the medals so far... :#

I mean, it's not like I won't be able to still get them from the mint 10 years from now. Hmmmm....

• Options

Still early in the series and could start another set/multiple sets with a low outlay of $. :D:)

Which reminded me about the change of % silver this year. Had to go check the specs of the 2018 G. Washington release and glad the Prez series started at 99.9%.

• Options

The third presidential medal of 2019, James Monroe, is on sale now.

My sub went through early this morning. (Actually, 11:30 last night.)

USS128893xx

• Options

Reminder (to self).

Don't change your CC info before an enrollment ships.

It causes a bit of a headache.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint and the Medals...
    Love it...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Enrolled because I’ll forget with four each year.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2019 11:41AM

I picked up some what I think are Presidential medals. Nothing as nice as what the Mint is selling but these are before my time. Or maybe these are Mint issue I have No idea.

• Options

John Quincy Adams Presidential Silver Medal

$39.95
    This product will be available for sale on November 18, 2019, at 12 noon (ET).

https://catalog.usmint.gov/john-quincy-adams-presidential-silver-medal-S806.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 5:25AM

Reminder for those collecting this series.

Edit: If your enrolled then this is a reminder you’ll get something in the mail (and a hit on your CC.) :D

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I picked up some what I think are Presidential medals. Nothing as nice as what the Mint is selling but these are before my time. Or maybe these are Mint issue I have No idea.

You picked up some scarce items but these Presidential pieces are not from the U.S. Mint. They are part of a series of medalets covering Presidents Washington through Hayes that were designed by August Brichant of Brussels, Belgium and issued in 1878. The signature Brichant Dir.(ector) appears under the eagle. I believe that I've only seen them struck in copper but other metals may exist. They do not appear on the market very often but they are not well known or overly popular (possibly because they aren't readily available - one source notes "Not very many sets were struck"). Putting together a complete set piece by piece would be challenging - I would estimate that I've handled fewer than 20 pieces over the years. One other note - they tend to tone in funky ways.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tokenpro Thank you much for the history of these 3 medals. Now I have some understanding where they came from. I will save that for future reference during my time with these. They are one of my favorite unique medals.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to the new reverses coming up shortly (after the eighth president or twelfth? will go away from the peace medal design). Should make these a bit more interesting.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

John Quincy Adams on sale today at Noon. My sub has already been processed.

@3stars said:
    Looking forward to the new reverses coming up shortly (after the eighth president or twelfth? will go away from the peace medal design). Should make these a bit more interesting.

It will start with the third medal in 2020. (Harrison, #9.) Jackson (#7) and Van Buren (#8) will come first.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this series. Never collected medals till these came along.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I started these last year also. Have a subscription for them. I may still keep this sub as I do like them.

• Options

What’s interesting I may get this before the ERPR ASE. :|

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    What’s interesting I may get this before the ERPR ASE. :|

This, lol, dammittohell.

Maybe if the ERP ASE will ship today too, and I'll get both at the same time! :D

• Options

Andrew Jackson Presidential Silver Medal

This product will be available for sale on February 24, 2020, at 12 noon (ET).

(Posted to @BackroadJunkie ’s 2020 mint schedule thread)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    (Posted to @BackroadJunkie ’s 2020 mint schedule thread)

Yeah, okay, I got the thread up. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file