Home Precious Metals
Options

Menē 24K review

LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 9, 2019 9:06PM in Precious Metals

This is a review of my first experience with the Jewelry Company Menē, a newer company in the Jewelry scene specializing in 24 karat Gold & Platinum Jewelry and Gifts.

After looking through variety of Chains, Rings, Charms & Bracelets I got a Key pendant in 24K Platinum. It's a simple design and it looks great.

There are a lot of positive reactions for the packaging in the customer reviews.

For the sake of simplicity, the key was a bit underweight , but within a disclaimed acceptable tolerance of +/-0.5g per piece which I did not notice until after the purchase.

I wrote a reviews and expressed my concern for consistency in weight if this business was to grow to be the disruption force they are touting on the website. The missing metal should be a focus area with their suppliers I feel, all things concidered

That being said, I did go back for more and will update perhaps in a subsequent thread.

It's all about what the people want...

Comments

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool to have some wearable bullion, the packaging likely a turn off to a purist stacker, but who cares! If you like it, go for it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weight issue bothers me.... If I purchase and ounce, I want an ounce... or whatever the weight is claimed to be. I would have returned the item as 'not as described', and written a negative (not nasty) review. I just do not tolerate that sort of conduct. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    davidkdavidk Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 12:09PM

From the Mene FAQ under ‘How are Menē items priced?’: “*Weights can fluctuate by up to 0.5 grams per design.”

In my opinion I think that they should make this point clear on each item right next to the stated weight.

I’ve had some that were slightly over the stated weight, and some that were a little under.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

I don't like the weight issue. When I was in thailand and visited the gold shops, when they say a item is 20gram, they put it on the scale and its exactly 20 grams. No less and they do this for every transaction. People watch carefully and a gram less or even a slight deviance, people speak up as consistency is important!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bought two pieces from them and both were about .3 grams off, a pretty sizeable amount when dealing with 3 grams of platinum. One was under one was over so it worked itself out.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

They covered the voucher....

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting information, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

Speaking of a wearable item...an Iridium ring/wedding band.

• Options
    edited March 14, 2019 6:44PM

• Options
    edited March 14, 2019 6:44PM

@davidk said:
    From the Mene FAQ under ‘How are Menē items priced?’: “*Weights can fluctuate by up to 0.5 grams per design.”

In my opinion I think that they should make this point clear on each item right next to the stated weight.

I’ve had some that were slightly over the stated weight, and some that were a little under.

I AGREE

• Options

@ricko said:
    The weight issue bothers me.... If I purchase and ounce, I want an ounce... or whatever the weight is claimed to be. I would have returned the item as 'not as described', and written a negative (not nasty) review. I just do not tolerate that sort of conduct. Cheers, RickO

I agree, however with this being a new company I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

@davidk makes a good point about the weight fluctuation warning on the site, and I agree it should be a bit clearer.

I do also hope they heed the voice of the people when the underweight reviews keep coming in if the want repeat business across the board.