Home U.S. Coin Forum

Heading to FUN on Wednesday.... ! Returned, Sold out!

RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 25, 2019 2:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Heading out to Florida to the FUN event on Wednesday. Got a cheap flight and snagged a great table right at the front entrance. Picked up some new inventory coins last week in the 7-11 parking lot, and they all slabbed at MS68 to MS70 ! Grade grading service -- told them what I wanted and that's what was returned. Also got some left over Halloween candy for the kiddies and a box of "seconds" of dog treats for pet owners.

Should be a great show.

:)

Comments

• ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭

Didn’t realize that Disneyworld was hosting a coin show this week! ;)

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bet you even have a FUNtastic bow tie cent. Good luck.

• UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 4:53PM

Why are you getting there so early?

• TeamDennisTeamDennis Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot?????

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 5:50PM

The first thing on the list is to get in line for the Quaternary special -- this is the one where i submit one AU coin and I get 4 upgrade certificates. Plus -- If I'm lucky -- I might win one of the Pleistocene scratch-off prizes that go straight from EF to MS-64. I heard that an owner of an 1804 dollar won that once!

Mostly I look forward to selling out of all my new acquisitions from 7-11 and making a killing. But if things are slow, I know a guy who knows a guy who has an authentic Eiffel Tower Lincoln penny if could buy and put next to the rare Lincoln-Kennedy commemorative penny.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully you will be able to see Laura...once she gets out of the hospital!

Which hospital? I should send her one of those "Pizza Bouquets" they have in Disney's new place. ;)

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    Which hospital? I should send her one of those "Pizza Bouquets" they have in Disney's new place. ;)

Not sure. I would guess Bill Jones knows. Yes! Pizza bouquet is an excellent choice! :D

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB.... :D:D Have you considered stand up comedy as a second profession?? I think you could get a shot on America's Got Talent....Howie would love you.... ;) Cheers, RickO

edited January 15, 2019 10:54AM

Ricko - Thanks, but I have no talent - stand up, sit down, or any of the standard rifle positions from Jr. High when I got my NRA marksmanship badges (and bothered the old guys at American Legion Post 777 by shooting skeet with a .22 rifle). Frankly, I haven't decided what to do as a primary profession -- at least not yet -- so a secondary profession is premature.

edited January 15, 2019 10:55AM

Let's see --- "Pizza Bouquet" - Pepperoni, sausage, raw bacon, added to a Margarita pizza base. Thin crust for the diet conscious. Looks about right --- Ohhhh...Special Florida Topping: "A gentle sprinkle of fresh windshield-scraped love-bugs. The perfect finish to your 'Get Well Soon' Pizza Bouquet."

Returned from FUN a few days ago. Great show! Was able to sell all my 7-11 Unique Parking Lot gem Lincolns to a single buyer. Really attractive older woman (with lots of makeup) named Maria Largo. Made huge profit on the coins. She said she was either going to give them to her wealthy husband or have them made into a necklace. Her body guards looked bored silly. Now, it's back to searching 7-11 and Wawa for more inventory.

Bought a bunch of gold Maple Leafs ( * ) from a casual seller. Most were magnetic so he paid me $500 to take 'em all....seemed eager to sell,...maybe because of the unusual police activity at the Convention center. I'll dip 'em in aqua regina to remove the plating, then precipitate out the gold. Will crunch the rest at the recycle place near by.

That's about it. Can't say there were any big crowds except mice and wizarding hats.

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file