Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives (19C[A-H], B49296, B49297, B15054, 19XA1, 19XA2)

Comments

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019 5:08AM

Just got US Mint confirmation for my one (and only) Apollo Kennedy set this morning.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Just got US Mint confirmation for my one (and only) Apollo Kennedy set this morning.

Was this from a new order or an older order?

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@Goldminers said:

I would assume this morning. Saw 2 available.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019 6:13AM

@Hemispherical said:

@Goldminers said:

It was this morning. Just ordered one, as did not want to try to change the number to be quick

@fox9487 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Goldminers said:

Thanks @fox9487, so they are still trickling through.

@Hemispherical said:

@fox9487 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Goldminers said:

Thanks @fox9487, so they are still trickling through.

Let's hope they don't trickle too much. Just got the OK to return five sets from order received on 2/22. Finally got around to opening the brown boxes. Would be nice to get replacements for them. There was no keeping or selling these five. The quality was that BAD.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

Wow! About 3.9” in diameter and 1/10oz of gold, too

@Gluggo said:

@Akbeez said:

@Gluggo said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Has anyone received the fixed sleeve set?

What is that if you don’t mind me asking?

Or is this the set you were referring to?
    Apollo 11 50th Anniversary 2019 Proof Half Dollar Set

Yes -- correct. To correct an informational error, see a few pages back.

Well then I got 3 packages from the Mint Alll with them thar sets in them . Today I sent some to PCGS for only individual grading. 1 the half clad and 1 the Kennedy coin. But Not to be labeled as A SET.

The rest are going to NGC cause they are offering the set label which PCGS is not. But yes I got all of my orders. Now I am waiting for my posters from the mint.

Thanks was seeing how quickly the Mint went through/shipped the first 70,000 or so before they started on the fixed sleeve sets.

That is a big one, more than 3.9” in diamater and includes 1/10oz for a golden moon.

• ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

3 out of four got 70's for me, too... my puck's still on backorder...

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical noted the gold commems are no longer on back order and is available to order.

• planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Grades back. The halves were all screened from 15 sets. Luck was behind the rest, as I ordered only one of each of the silver and gold coins. Lesson learned: shoulda bought more half sets. ;)

https://pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/21563494

BTW. Was it possible to mix label types in the same order? I specified Earth Rising on some of these. Will I get all AMF labels in my shipment?

edited March 20, 2019 4:57AM

@planetsteve said:

BTW. Was it possible to mix label types in the same order? I specified Earth Rising on some of these. Will I get all AMF labels in my shipment?

Congrats @planetsteve!

Based in what I see on the “description” they all state AMF.

New numbers, courtesy of the Mint. Full sales data can be found in post #3 of this thread.

2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives
    DateSoldIncreaseSoldIncreaseSoldIncreaseComment
    Gold$5 Gold Proof (19CA)$5 Gold Unc (19CB)BEP Print: Mission (B49296)
    3/3/201924,61745710,4501248,0000Gold Price: $436.00/$426.00
    3/10/201924,94733010,500508,0000Gold Price: $423.75/$413.75
    3/17/201925,18924210,544448,0000Gold Price: $423.75/$413.75
    Silver$1 Silver Proof (19CC)$1 Silver Unc (19CD)$1 5oz Silver Proof (19CH)
    3/3/2019142,7804,79348,5331,40863,5341065oz on backorder
    3/10/2019145,2282,44848,92339063,414-1205oz on backorder
    3/17/2019146,5931,36549,32139862,074-1,3405oz on backorder
    Clad50¢ Clad Proof (19CE)50¢ Clad Unc (19CG)50¢ Proof Half Set (19CF)
    3/3/201947,5371,82532,10779498,912-104
    3/10/201948,47994232,87676998,755-157
    3/17/201948,94146233,04416899,669914Half set is CU
    Introductory prcing ended 2/25/2019

Pucks still going backwards, but the half-sets are up...

Anyone waiting on a puck?

Ordered another one before the discount was lifted on 24 Feb. Why? I do not remember anymore... ;)

And the backorder date is 25 Oct.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    New numbers, courtesy of the Mint. Full sales data can be found in [post #3]

When did they book those 900+ sales on the sets? Only 3 came up for sale in mornings in the last week. ????

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

When did they book those 900+ sales on the sets? Only 3 came up for sale in mornings in the last week. ????

Someone(s) was 1/2 second quicker...

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

I don't think so. Unless it was a bulk buyer, they can only buy 100 at a time. I, and the others of us looking, could not have missed 900 units.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

I don't think so. Unless it was a bulk buyer, they can only buy 100 at a time. I, and the others of us looking, could not have missed 900 units.

Agree.

Is it possible to do a phone order at 0730?

Never tried.

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

Agree.

Is it possible to do a phone order at 0730?

Never tried.

hmmm...I don't know.

7 days a week,
    8 am to midnight, ET

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Pucks still going backwards...

Involuntarily. Get this...
    I ordered 1st day, Jan24th around 12:09...
    The backorder wait...
    Went to "processing" March 5th...
    Got "shipped" email with UPS tracking number March 6th...
    Checked the tracking daily. "Shipment ready for UPS". "Label created". (Still says that today)
    Called USMint March 12th and was told to be patient, that it takes a week or 2.
    Called USMint March 14th and was told my order was lost and she wanted to start the refund process. I said "No ma'am! I'll wait as long as it takes." (I said a lot more than that with various emotions)
    Got "return confirmation" email March 17th.
    The funds are back in my acct today.

Shady, and many of it's synonyms, if you ask me!

@smokincoin

Ouch!

Does that mean you’ve moved to the back of the wait list?

@fox9487 said:
    7 days a week,
    8 am to midnight, ET

Thanks for the info @fox9487.

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    @smokincoin

Ouch!

Does that mean you’ve moved to the back of the wait list?

No. I would have to reorder then wait. I'm not doing that.

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

@smokincoin said:

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Pucks still going backwards...

Involuntarily. Get this...
    I ordered 1st day, Jan24th around 12:09...
    The backorder wait...
    Went to "processing" March 5th...
    Got "shipped" email with UPS tracking number March 6th...
    Checked the tracking daily. "Shipment ready for UPS". "Label created". (Still says that today)
    Called USMint March 12th and was told to be patient, that it takes a week or 2.
    Called USMint March 14th and was told my order was lost and she wanted to start the refund process. I said "No ma'am! I'll wait as long as it takes." (I said a lot more than that with various emotions)
    Got "return confirmation" email March 17th.
    The funds are back in my acct today.

Shady, and many of it's synonyms, if you ask me!

Holy cow! Your not the only 1 with the same pattern of messages from the Mint. I have 2 pucks lost in the US Mint maze here even thou a label was "created". I may cancel over the weekend so I dont have to think about it.

Ps - I 've also gotten the same group of updates but non movement on both of the Rocketship orders ordered early last week. Something fishy is going on with the process. Tracking info given but does not existed in the USPS system.

@Sweetpie said:
    Ps - I 've also gotten the same group of updates but non movement on both of the Rocketship orders ordered early last week. Something fishy is going on with the process. Tracking info given but does not existed in the USPS system.

Is it coming Smartpost?

Try FedEx tracking. USPS will not know about it until FedEx hands it off to USPS, sometimes up to a week after the Mint ships.

That's the way Smartpost works....

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

It was available at least twice last week.

If there were only three, I got extraordinary lucky, 'cause I got one. That's all I wanted. I'd rather get Rocketships. :wink:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

It was available at least twice last week.

If there were only three, I got extraordinary lucky, 'cause I got one. That's all I wanted. I'd rather get Rocketships. :wink:

Yes, there were only 3. 1 the first time and 2 the second time.

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 1:46AM

Silver $1 Silver Proof (19CC) $1 Silver Unc (19CD) $1 5oz Silver Proof (19CH)
    3/3/2019 142,780 4,793 48,533 1,408 63,534 106 5oz on backorder
    3/10/2019 145,228 2,448 48,923 390 63,414 -120 5oz on backorder
    3/17/2019 146,593 1,365 49,321 398 62,074 -1,340 5oz on backorder

1,460 evident returns or cancellations for the 5 oz puck in the last two weeks. Assume those are actually just cancellations for the most part, but curious if there is any way to know which is which? To the extent there have been returns will that move-up the backorder status for those still on back order and concurrently will cancellations have the same effect?

@northcoin said:
    Silver $1 Silver Proof (19CC) $1 Silver Unc (19CD) $1 5oz Silver Proof (19CH)
    3/3/2019 142,780 4,793 48,533 1,408 63,534 106 5oz on backorder
    3/10/2019 145,228 2,448 48,923 390 63,414 -120 5oz on backorder
    3/17/2019 146,593 1,365 49,321 398 62,074 -1,340 5oz on backorder

1,460 evident returns or cancellations for the 5 oz puck in the last two weeks. Assume those are actually just cancellations for the most part, but curious if there is any way to know which is which?

No. Can't tell. The number is the number sold. There's no way of telling why the number went down. You might be able to tell from the final mintage if the issue sells out, but it doesn't look like it will.

To the extent there have been returns will that move-up the backorder status for those still on back order and concurrently will cancellations have the same effect?

They don't resell returns. Thus a return won't shorten the backorder queue, since it won't get sent to the next person in line. On the other hand, if a replacement is requested when returned, I'm not sure what happens when the product is on backorder (i.e. they don't have a replacement). They may get put at the front of the line, or they may just get refunded.

For the second part of your question, the Mint claims backorders are a FIFO queue (which seems to be supported by the way these have trickled out.) If the cancellation was a lower order number than yours, you will be moved up in line.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

Ordered another one before the discount was lifted on 24 Feb. Why? I do not remember anymore... ;)

Yup. I did the same thing. Ordered one way back in Feb for Oct.

@Onastone said:

@Hemispherical said:

Yup. I did the same thing. Ordered one way back in Feb for Oct.

I’m guessing, based on what I have read, we may expect something in mid/late-April... about 4-6 weeks after order?

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I have two different back orders for one saucer each and have been debating about cancelling both. Got my six 70's back and I think I can be fine with those....

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:

Got my six 70's back

Six? Way to go!!!!!!!!

@Onastone said:

@BigA said:

Got my six 70's back

Six? Way to go!!!!!!!!

Awesome @BigA!

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

There was a lonely "69" that arrived with the group of six....

Only problem now is that I like all of them... thought I would be able to let go of a few of these easily. A sampling, with hints at other projects:

Thats very nice @planetsteve!

The other project has something to do with that dime roll? :)

Yup, I found obw’s for the first time. I like Roosevelts and want a crack at slecting and grading under the Club special.

Also filling in my Kennedy album — though the 2019 enhanceds are assuredly not headed for the bandsaw in the basement. I mean, I just got them in there, right? :D

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got Mint notification today that my puck which was ordered within the first 10-15 minutes shipped.

edited March 21, 2019 11:48PM

@PipestonePete said:
    Got Mint notification today that my puck which was ordered within the first 10-15 minutes shipped.

That’s 8 weeks.

Which means I have... end of Apr.

@Hemispherical said:

@PipestonePete said:

That’s 8 weeks.

Time from order may be meaningless.

The last batch that came out, came out about 3-4 weeks after Lowell. (I understand the bullion version of Lowell was delayed, so that may explain why the initial backordered Apollo pucks didn't arrive sooner.)

My guess is they're done with American Memorial (to be released April 4). I'm assuming we'll see more Apollo pucks shipped soon. If they don't, the next window would be for War In The Pacific, end of May to start of June.

They could do the ATB pucks back to back, but with the number of cancellations, it would only make sense to punch out some Apollo commems between the ATB issues.

I wonder what the Mint would do if that press broke down with a serious problem... :wink:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

@PipestonePete said:

That’s 8 weeks.

Time from order may be meaningless.

The last batch that came out, came out about 3-4 weeks after Lowell. (I understand the bullion version of Lowell was delayed, so that may explain why the initial backordered Apollo pucks didn't arrive sooner.)

My guess is they're done with American Memorial (to be released April 4). I'm assuming we'll see more Apollo pucks shipped soon. If they don't, the next window would be for War In The Pacific, end of May to start of June.

They could do the ATB pucks back to back, but with the number of cancellations, it would only make sense to punch out some Apollo commems between the ATB issues.

I wonder what the Mint would do if that press broke down with a serious problem... :wink:

Now that would be very interesting. If a breakdown did occur then the totals for the Apollo and ATB pucks would drastically be less; and no way to catch up before year end.

Many would be unhappy with unfulfilled orders.

Those with pucks would be very happy.

May even have a State or two with no puck issued.

Okay time to wake up.

Caffeine calls.

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

LIVE spacewalk streaming from CNN. I can almost watch this for hours...

Apollo mission patches:

Apollo 1

Apollo 7

Apollo 8

Apollo 9

Apollo 10

Apollo 11

Apollo 12

Apollo 13

Apollo 14

Apollo 15

Apollo 16

Apollo 17

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/apollo50th/missions.html

• claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Got shipping confirm today for another 5 pucks.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    edited March 26, 2019 12:45PM

@claychaser said:
    Got shipping confirm today for another 5 pucks.

When was your order placed @claychaser? I’d go scroll and see if you posted but too many pages.

Checking mine... no joy, but I don’t expect anything until mid to late Apr.

edited March 26, 2019 2:14PM

New numbers courtesy of the US Mint. Full sales data can be found in post 3 of this thread.

2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives
    DateSoldIncreaseSoldIncreaseSoldIncreaseComment
    Gold$5 Gold Proof (19CA)$5 Gold Unc (19CB)BEP Print: Mission (B49296)
    3/10/201924,94733010,500508,0000Gold Price: $423.75/$413.75
    3/17/201925,18924210,544448,0000Gold Price: $423.75/$413.75
    3/24/201925,43524610,592488,0000Gold Price: $436/$426
    Silver$1 Silver Proof (19CC)$1 Silver Unc (19CD)$1 5oz Silver Proof (19CH)
    3/10/2019145,2282,44848,92339063,414-1205oz on backorder
    3/17/2019146,5931,36549,32139862,074-1,3405oz on backorder
    3/24/2019148,4201,82749,50218161,466-6085oz on backorder
    Clad50¢ Clad Proof (19CE)50¢ Clad Unc (19CG)50¢ Proof Half Set (19CF)
    3/10/201948,47994232,87676998,755-157
    3/17/201948,94146233,04416899,669914Half set is CU
    3/24/201949,31237133,24219899,668-1Half set is CU
    Introductory pricing ended 2/25/2019
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

More negatives on the puck. A fail by the mint ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file