Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives (19C[A-H], B49296, B49297, B15054, 19XA1, 19XA2)

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 10:14AM

The msgs earlier and I managed to get ONE purchased.

@dmwest said:
    The pucks say "Back Order"...is that new?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pucks back ordered in 9 minutes gold was still available

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NPD1078 said:
    sold out

Only one I seen was a back order on the 5 Oz. Wonder if the shutdown is holding production?

• Options
    kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

It's officially sold out pending any returns or credit card transactions that got reversed. Will have to wait a few days to see what is left over after the first initial scrubbing of the orders. But that sure was quick!

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

These "hurry n wait" mint releases are always exciting day-of aren't they!

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

I was not expecting any of these to be quite so hot, but the pucks are already sold out. Now it has some potential.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

**FINALLY **after like 4 tries and failures, I got an order through. Shame the pucks are gone.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received confirmation email.

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

63212xx. Ordered 5 pucks and 5 of the half dollar sets.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm impressed by the US mint website to handle all of those orders. I'm not convinced that back-ordered means sold out though.
    USM063098xx

• Options
    KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

Well I bought a gold proof

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh. Not hard, just difficult. :D

USM063158XX
    USM063198XX
    USM063220XX
    USM063275XX

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

CC was hit.

Now waiting shipping notification and tracking number.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 10:20AM

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@planetsteve said:
    63212xx. Ordered 5 pucks and 5 of the half dollar sets.

Awesume work I limited my 5 oz due to cost but got everything I wanted but I will say I got the puck just at the last second. Server backlog as I was not able to get the 5 oz to appear to buy. A bunch of “Oops try again” or something to that effect.

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

USM06313XXX placed at 12:05 PM. Got in on one of everything available. Hefty price tag of $1272.15 and am happy to have placed the 5 oz. puck in my cart as the first item!

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order is confirmed. I forgot to change off of the cheap shipping option. According to their FAQ it's supposed to get bumped to UPS ground (signature required) due to >$300 value. Confirmation email shows fedex smartpost. Hmm...

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one each of all the silver offerings. Wanted to check out as soon as I could due to slow screens. Puck said backordered. With all the issues they have with packaging on hot issues, I assume backorder means exactly that. I'll go back in shortly to see if it actually says sold out.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 pucks, 2 gold proof, 1 gold unc, 2 kennedy sets for me. I'll get the two silver $1 graded later.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got three pucks, and the gold PR/UNC. Took about 15 minutes of messing with the site.

USM063302XX

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man !!!
    What an ordeal.
    2 orders - 1 both gold, 5 oz, half set - 063209xx
    2nd - both Silver Dollars, both Clad half's - 063346xx
    13,674 between orders

• Options

5 more pucks went through that I didn't realize on Dad's account. Hope not a mistake...

• Options

Got confirmation mail for all four orders.
    CC's pinged for all four orders.

Mission is a go! :D

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 orders of 5 pucks for me! Only one order in before it when to backorder though.

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

That was interesting. Had two windows locked up for first 5 minutes. Then it let me in and sailed through. Just received confirmation email for 5 pucks. 63177XX.

Wow! Sellout in like 9 minutes?

• Options
    NPD1078NPD1078 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Weird?
    I put 2 pucks and 1 gold unc in my cart at as soon as they appeared. Got the ops bla bla bla.. pucks sold out so order didn't go through. Took pucks out of cart and purchased the gold unc. Now I put the pucks in my cart and it let me checkout and gave me a confirmation....
    Do they let you purchase items on backorder?

NPD1078

I have completed positive sales and purchses from the following members:
    jclovescoins, dpoole, dmarks, guysmiling, Ducky1100 , piecesofme, ericj96 ,Classof67, ModernCoin, MrOrganic, 53BKid, nychad10, GUINZO1975, derryb (3 times), PinkFloyd
  • Options

Engraving sold out!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing sold out after 30 minutes

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

I'm in for one each of the gold, two orders of 2 pucks and one order of one of the puck. CC was hit for all of them even though at the time of the last two orders the Mint said they were on backorder. Interesting.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Back Order is not sold out

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to share this pic that I found on reddit the other day for this occasion:

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options

Speeding up now.

One key is when while the next to last screen is processing just check the agree to terms box and place order. It will work. Takes a bit of time but it works. Speeding up now so likely not an issue anymore.

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I went back for one each of the gold. Site seems to be working much smoother now. 63412xx.

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

I just placed an order for the backordered pucks. We will see what happens.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

@carew4me said:
    Back Order is not sold out

Correct. I'm done buying. Not sure any of these will be good flips. Should be fun to own though. Very cool.

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

No one called the sellout of the Apollo print. Interestingly I put two in my cart from the backorder screen. They showed there for a second or two and then disappeared. I tried it again and hit checkout right away and they stayed in my cart and I paid for them too. Wonder what will happen with that. It was my forth order so I already had the pucks and gold and the 1/2 dollar sets. First order was 5 pucks, 63117XX last order was some clad half's and two prints 63346XX at 10:16. Wow, it was blazing fast until exactly at 10:00 and then nothing. Probably got the first order in at 10:07

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Speeding up now.

One key is when while the next to last screen is processing just check the agree to terms box and place order. It will work. Takes a bit of time but it works. Speeding up now so likely not an issue anymore.

You need to wait until the CC screen populates everything including your default address.

Should you not wait until those fields are populated, you'll get an error because you're trying to move on before the system is ready.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pucks are technically sold out but minorly surprised gold isn't given the mintage. Best money is quick money on the pucks while the mania persists; I predict eventually you'll be able to buy them cheap aftermarket once the fever goes away and the lemmings move on to the next hot thing.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Engraving sold out!

You must have posted this while I was writing my post!

• Options

@telephoto1 said:
    Pucks are technically sold out but minorly surprised gold isn't given the mintage. Best money is quick money on the pucks while the mania persists; I predict eventually you'll be able to buy them cheap aftermarket once the fever goes away and the lemmings move on to the next hot thing.

Pucks are NOT sold out. Just not skipping till May

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was slow to put 1 puck in my cart and went to check out there were 3 so deleted all those and started over and got One 5 ounce to add to the five sets I still have from the 2010 Fun Times.....Decided no flips this time.

Enjoy Tom

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Not looking to flip... so I got one Gold Proof. I could not see paying $225 for $90 in silver for the puck. These will sell for under $200 within the year.

• Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered one each of the gold and the 5 oz. Hit checkout.
    Went back and ordered another puck and 3 silver proofs. Hit checkout.

63239xx

63329xx

Plan to keep all, two of the silver proofs will go to grandchildren.

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

I know that's what it says but in my experience, "Backordered" usually means technical sell out but there's a possibility of a few available later due to expired credit card info, etc. They keep "backordered" up there to stack up enough orders to ensure a sellout.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Order is confirmed. I forgot to change off of the cheap shipping option. According to their FAQ it's supposed to get bumped to UPS ground (signature required) due to >$300 value. Confirmation email shows fedex smartpost. Hmm...

Same, fedex smartpost in confirmation email

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got three pucks, and the gold PR/UNC. Took about 15 minutes of messing with the site.

A May 1st shipping for the pucks kinda messes with the flip plan. :|

USM063302XX

• Options

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

I know that's what it says but in my experience, "Backordered" usually means technical sell out but there's a possibility of a few available later due to expired credit card info, etc. They keep "backordered" up there to stack up enough orders to ensure a sellout.

This is not true. In the old days, they would go to wait list for the reason you state. These days they go to "currently unavailable" pending cc returns

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree backordered is not sold out. When I said sold out in a day should have said unavailable or back ordered. What does happen now is you have to watch for them to become available again and I don't expect they'll lift limits.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kookoox10 said:

@dmwest said:

It's officially sold out pending any returns or credit card transactions that got reversed. Will have to wait a few days to see what is left over after the first initial scrubbing of the orders. But that sure was quick!

That used to be the case, but has not been with the current processor.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Just received confirmation email.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file