Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

eBay Growth BETA

Has anyone else checked out this feature? I haven't dug into it too much, but for those curious about seasonality and what price range sells best:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/grw/sourcing-guidance/213?site=EBAY-US

Not surprising is baseball cards selling peak is late July-August and steadily declines through Thanksgiving-ish and doesn't really start picking up again until Feb.

What was more surprising (to me at least) was the Price Breakdown w/78% sub $20 and only 5% $100+.

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Has anyone else checked out this feature? I haven't dug into it too much, but for those curious about seasonality and what price range sells best:

What was more surprising (to me at least) was the Price Breakdown w/78% sub $20 and only 5% $100+.

I haven't looked but I'm wondering if they break that down even farther to sub $20? 78% under $20 really isn't a surprise if you look at the amount of raw stuff that sells for under that amount? This is assuming they are using the actual number sold totals and not the $$ amount totals.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

I haven't looked but I'm wondering if they break that down even farther to sub $20? 78% under $20 really isn't a surprise if you look at the amount of raw stuff that sells for under that amount? This is assuming they are using the actual number sold totals and not the $$ amount totals.

At this point I couldn't find any further drill down into the one-year chart or sales price breakdowns. I would guess it's based on number of sales also and not total $ amounts.

I guess I've just moved much of my lower $ stuff to COMC/other sites or bundle related items. Dealing with sub $20 sales on eBay is just not worth the hassle IMHO.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

I guess I've just moved much of my lower $ stuff to COMC/other sites or bundle related items. Dealing with sub $20 sales on eBay is just not worth the hassle IMHO.

You are right but for some reason I've gone the other direction trying to move lower $$ stuff on Ebay as well. Just haven't been able to pull the trigger on COMC as of yet.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com