Post here if You haven't Post for A Long Time or Newcomers from Lurker status

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 11, 2018 8:11AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Please share the story of your return .... retirement, new (many) coins or an interesting thread resurfaced to your attention?
....and the New newcomers joining after period of lurking :)

Welcome back to a few old-newcomers from their long CU hiatus @RYK and @Longacre B) and Welcome to all New members too <3

Comments

  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭

    @ifthevamzarockin said:
    Lurker here, tried to join 2 other times not sure what happened. Tried a different email and it worked. Tried posting a photo to the "Friday Photo" thread but it is still hanging as a draft, so when ya see it on Monday or Tuesday don't ask me if I know what day it is :)

    I have found those will probably never post. The forum filters blocked something in message. Best bet is to copy the draft message. Delete the draft file. Paste and modify the message differently until it posts.

    Or :) works.

  • Thanks Hemispherical,

    Just tried it again, it keeps saying "your post will appear when approved"
    Could it be cuz I'm new here and the Mods just wanna make sure I'm not posting XXX stuff?

  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭

    @ifthevamzarockin said:
    Thanks Hemispherical,

    Just tried it again, it keeps saying "your post will appear when approved"
    Could it be cuz I'm new here and the Mods just wanna make sure I'm not posting XXX stuff?

    Good question. Try and super- summarize the message. Remove any images and post. If it posts then edit message to add any images. If it does not re-post then it is the image.

    You can also do this with text to narrow down the “offending” word or phrase.

  • TrazTraz Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

    I am a member since 08 but was banned by Don for saying I wasn’t happy with my pcgs grade results. For real. 😀

  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,182 ✭✭✭✭

    Technically, I do not qualify to post on this thread. I had a post or two earlier this year, but in 2018 I have been well below my yearly average since 2003.



    "An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."--Henry David Thoreau
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Try add a smile emoji before your picture :)

    @ifthevamzarockin said:
    Thanks Hemispherical,

    Just tried it again, it keeps saying "your post will appear when approved"
    Could it be cuz I'm new here and the Mods just wanna make sure I'm not posting XXX stuff?

  • Thanks Paradise, Seems that is just the ticket.

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I like your UHR eagle & Love your adorable Pooch <3

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

    LOL

    @dennis1219 said:
    ‘‘Tis better to lurk and be thought the fool... than to hit send and remove all doubt.

  • @dennis1219 said:
    ‘‘Tis better to lurk and be thought the fool... than to hit send and remove all doubt.

    Can I try a little of both so make sure to cover my bases? :)

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ifthevamzarockin said:
    Lurker here, tried to join 2 other times not sure what happened. Tried a different email and it worked. Tried posting a photo to the "Friday Photo" thread but it is still hanging as a draft, so when ya see it on Monday or Tuesday don't ask me if I know what day it is :)

    My Friday thread is open 24/7 :smiley:
    Welcome to the boards!

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 7:58PM

    <3

  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭

    I've been posting again for a couple of months but low key and most haven't seen me. I took a few years off focusing on my son's junior golf career that required a lot of hours at tournaments and a lot of travel. He's playing college golf now so the coach gets paid to do what I was doing. --Jerry

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Parenting job well done :) Welcome back and let me introduce myself B)

    @notwilight said:
    I've been posting again for a couple of months but low key and most haven't seen me. I took a few years off focusing on my son's junior golf career that required a lot of hours at tournaments and a lot of travel. He's playing college golf now so the coach gets paid to do what I was doing. --Jerry

  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Welcome back! I took a few year hiatus, too.

    @notwilight said:
    I've been posting again for a couple of months but low key and most haven't seen me. I took a few years off focusing on my son's junior golf career that required a lot of hours at tournaments and a lot of travel. He's playing college golf now so the coach gets paid to do what I was doing. --Jerry

  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭

    @Longacre said:
    Your very own Longacre is in da house

    :o

    "It's not that life is short but that you're dead for so long"
  • AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 308 ✭✭✭

    Hey. :)

  • I'm a newcomer from lurker status. I've been an active dealer for 40 years and a collector for 60 years. Read the forums nightly for the last 3 years. I tried to join several times but wouldn't process.

  • 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've been here a while and I like breaking the rules. :D

    "If you truly love rare coins then you might feel like I do...which is...F the doctors!" homerunhall

    "A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • JBKJBK Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @falcoin said:
    I'm a newcomer from lurker status. I've been an active dealer for 40 years and a collector for 60 years. Read the forums nightly for the last 3 years. I tried to join several times but wouldn't process.

    If you are who I think you are, I was wondering when you might join, considering how many times your name has come up on the forum. :p

  • SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

    Been away from the hobby and forums for a while... Sold most of my coins a few years ago to fund a different venture. Hoping to get back into it one of these days!

    Sitting here bored on a 13+ hour flight from LAX to NZ, thought I would drop by and see what was going on...

    Still see some of the usual suspects here, missing a few who left way too young... o:)


    image image

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018 8:13AM

    @Sandhawk
    Welcome back and enjoy NZ <3 Golf the Kauri Cliff if you visiting the North Island :)

    Pink Beach can be seen from above playing :)

    ...a typical view from each and every hole <3

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @falcoin
    Lurker no More .... Welcome and have FUN B)

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018 8:16AM
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

    Not a lot to say...
    ...but a lot to learn

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Paradisefound said:
    @Sandhawk
    Welcome back and enjoy NZ <3 Golf the Kauri Cliff if you visiting the North Island :)

    Pink Beach can be seen from above playing :)

    ...a typical view from each and every hole <3

    Great pics!

Sign In or Register to comment.