Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One of my favorite counterstamped coins, listed in Brunk but PCGS didn't find it.

RealoneRealone Posts: 18,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 30, 2018 8:15AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Finding a 1797 $1 naturally toned and original in a decent grade with a c/s in the field is not so easy.

Comments

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Haven't heard from you in a while. Maybe I missed it.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea how it works, but could it be that the counterstamp is unattributed and that is why they overlooked it?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back!

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering about this - do you have to submit it as a token with Brunk attribution to get it on the holder?

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

What, me worry??

Welcome back!!!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Real One :)

• Options
    TradesWithChopsTradesWithChops Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭

this is a very cool early silver dollar. i really like the contemporary counter stamps

Minor Variety Trade dollar's with chop marks set:
    More Than It's Chopped Up To Be

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a collector of counterstamps, but I always wonder what they signified. Some are easy... an advertisement for a business or person.... some are initials....though not always identified as to who. Such as this one... Who was W.H.? Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file