Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fundraising for Crazyhounddog - Home & Business lost in Paradise CA Fire

Comments

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best wishes to Joe and family for a complete recovery from this trauma.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2018 10:23AM

<3 $5860 in the purse <3
    THANK YOU ALL

• Options

I will double the next contribution ........ try take advantage of me ;)

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    <3 $5860 in the purse <3

We smashed the first goal and now the second goal. Will we hit the third goal? I'm starting to check in on this as much as the coin threads. :p

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2018 3:28AM

Just donated, feels great to help out someone in need. God bless you and your family Joe.
    Smashed through the $6k mark, some good people here. Maybe PCGS can pony up some funds??

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much better fortune hereafter, Joe.

• Options
    edited November 12, 2018 10:42AM

$6250 in the purse <3
    *JT contribution is matched

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

May I make a suggestion that you repost the link to the fund every so often so that it is always on the last page of comments?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job everyone!

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paid. Hope his coins didn't melt in the safe and he can sell those for more funds.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    May I make a suggestion that you repost the link to the fund every so often so that it is always on the last page of comments?

Nice idea....

https://www.gofundme.com/bb3nn-paradise-lost

• Options

Thanks!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2018 11:16AM

(Mahalo Captain) @CaptHenway ;)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

Glad I could help.

We survived Katrina back in the day. We did not lose everything and had insurance but it doesn't cover everything. The gifts from others at the beginning made a huge difference and just gave us hope for the future. I wish you the best of luck and remember it will get better.

Mercury

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@crazyhounddog said:
    If I could give you all a big hug through this phone I sure would. I have no words that could ever express my gratitude for what my coin brothers and sisters are doing for my family.
    We love you all <3<3<3

Knowing that you and your family are safe is the only thanks we need.

Agreed! So true.

• Options

The first thing I did when I got home was check and see how much was raised from this morning. Darn impressive guys and ladies, sittin at $6725. All the best Joe!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently sitting at $6750. So wonderful to see so many pull together for CHD!!!!

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    The first thing I did when I got home was check and see how much was raised from this morning. Darn impressive guys and ladies, sittin at $6725. All the best Joe!

I posted his GoFundMe page to my Facebook news feed. I have over 100 friends, hoping some of them help.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Donation sent. I live in a town of 20,000 - can't imagine my whole town going up in smoke - I will never complain about the excessive rain we have been having ever again!

• Options

@Connecticoin said:
    Donation sent. I live in a town of 20,000 - can't imagine my whole town going up in smoke - I will never complain about the excessive rain we have been having ever again!

More rain coming overnight, seen a lot of rain as of late here in CT, can't complain could be much worse. Again, all the best Joe!

• Options

@morgansforever said:

@Connecticoin said:

More rain coming overnight, seen a lot of rain as of late here in CT, can't complain could be much worse. Again, all the best Joe!

I live in COlorado. I never complain about rain.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why no one thought of this before today, but I also collect trading cards and I post next door on the "Trading card and memorabilia forum", so I started a thread over there to help @crazyhounddog get more donations. I really hope this helps...

Link to thread I started: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1008863/fundraiser-going-on-for-a-pcgs-forum-member-please-read/p1?new=1

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge
    Thank you my friend <3

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2018 9:26PM

@Paradisefound said:
    @Stooge
    Thank you my friend <3

I have nothing but love in my heart for each and every one of you.
    I wish I had more than words to express how grateful my family and I are in this trying time for all that you’ve done. A heartfelt thank you
    God bless you all <3
    Joe and family

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep um coming !!! <3

Timbuk3
  • Options

Again, the first thing I did when I woke to go to work was check this thread and the progress. It's a beautiful when people come together for a cause. Stay strong Joe!

• Options
    1946Hamm1946Hamm Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe , Glad your family is safe and I hope everything works out .

Have a good day, Gary
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I already liked and respected CHD before all this, but seeing his attitude under these circumstances gives me a respect for him I didn't know was possible.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2018 8:30AM

Our brother in Oahu @SurfinxHI pledged 10% of his upcoming concert proceed <3<3<3<3 God Bless You!

$7435 since we let folks in the know on the Trading Cards & Sports Talk

https://www.gofundme.com/bb3nn-paradise-lost&rcid=r01-15417868478-184a2f256b184c05&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_m

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Our brother in Oahu @SurfinxHI pledged 10% of his upcoming concert proceed <3<3<3<3 God Bless You!

$7435 since we let folks in the know on the Trading Cards & Sports Talk

https://www.gofundme.com/bb3nn-paradise-lost&rcid=r01-15417868478-184a2f256b184c05&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_m

Make that $7535. A penny lover added 10,000 cents to the total!

• Options
    edited November 16, 2018 9:34AM

10,000 hearts <3<3<3<3<3<3 for @ThePennyLady <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a coin up on ebay (link on BST) that the proceeds will be sent to @crazyhounddog . I'll be putting some more up. Take a look if you like and here's the ebay link (Buffalo Nickel MS64): https://www.ebay.com/itm/223225531080

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

The multiple contributions to Joe and his family from those who participate on the forums and from non forum sources is a fine example of the good side of human nature.

Hopefully others who have lost their homes and personal belongings in the California fires (both north and south) are receiving support from others.

I just wish that the smoke from the Butte County fires would blow directly west and out into the Pacific [that is not going to happen]; or better yet I wish that California would get drenched with heavy winter storms (without the mudslides taking place in the burn areas). Smoke from the Butte County fires is still making for unhealthy air conditions across the SF Bay Area and parts of the Sacramento and maybe even San Joaquin valleys.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received this message from Joe, as follows:

Hi buddy,
    We are packing and loading up to move to the next hotel. Our fault for not
    booking it longer than we did.
    The last we heard nobody can go into town until the 30th. They are still doing
    body searches for the unfortunate souls.
    I’m sorry but my time is very limited to when I can get to the forum.
    I apologize for that. I will give an update just as soon as I have the time.
    God bless you and the good folks in the forum. You guys and ladies are all heaven sent
    angels.
    We love you all❤️❤️

I didn't know until this email that they had a deadline as to when they could go in and most certainly that they were still looking for bodies. My God, those poor people. I'll keep this GoFundMe account going until no funds are any longer donated or someone tell me to stop. Thanks all, I know how much Joe appreciates this.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! They are being told now that they can't return to see what survived until the 30th! :/

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if someone with a plane could fly Joe over his property.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file