Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

calling Wrestlingcardking and Dpeck.... 1986 Scanles Wrestling and PSA.. Think I have one to grade..

1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2018 4:17PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hey guys...hope you find this post. What are your thoughts on this issue? Looks basically like the 1985 Topps issue just issued a year later with 1986 Scanlens copyright on the back. Will PSA grade these... I see nothing in the pop reports. How rare are they? Thanks-Claude

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are said to be very rare and I have never seen any in strong condition come for sale on EBAY. The Market Scene cards from New Zealand are not necessarily rare but are very hard to find in nice condition due to the savage like nature of the Kiwis at the time so it may be a similar issue in Australia.

I am not certain if PSA grades them or not but I would assume they would. My best guess is there haven't been any that appear worthy of grading and this is the reason.

Judging by the condition I wouldn't try and grade these. I don't think there are many buyers for beaters in a PSA slab from this set. If you have others that are sharp I certainly would give it a try.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I have wanted to grade a few of these if I could find some of these in strong condition but that has not happened yet.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

I think I finally got one that I want to grade. How do I go about getting a card graded that PSA has not graded yet? Centering isn't the greatest but these are tuff in any condition. Thoughts?

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

U tell them ..please grade my card ..lol

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the checklist you need. PSA is good about grading things when there is a verifiable checklist.

http://www.wrestlingtradingcards.com/1986_wwf_wrestling_scanlens.html

There is an email info@psacard.com and you can email them your scan with front and back and the link to the checklist and the request to grade and I think that will work on this card.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

With the online submission form I would include the link to the set in the note section. On some occasions I have included the more well known version and the variation so it is clear that there is a difference. I've got many different issues graded by PSA for the first time. There should be no issue here as there is a complete checklist here. Good luck.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable