Upcoming PCGS Events and Specials

HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 62 mod
edited November 12, 2018 9:52AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to highlight some of our upcoming events and specials:

Quarterly Grading Special
Reconsiderations! Submit four and get the fifth coin free.
More Info: https://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial?utm_source=pcgs&utm_medium=spotlight&utm_content=quarterly_special

PCGS Members Only Show is coming to San Antonio for the first time!
Join us in San Antonio, Texas at the Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk November 14-17
This event is FREE to all members.
1. Submit coins for grading and authentication
2. Buy, sell, and trade in an intimate setting
3. Enjoy breakfast and lunch daily
4. Network with dealers and collectors

Featuring the Regency Auction 29 by Legend Rare Coin Auctions on November 15

Not a member? PCGS Collectors Club memberships are available upon arrival
More info: https://www.pcgs.com/shows/detail/6598

Our last Members Only Show of the year will take place at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, December 12-14
More Info: https://www.pcgs.com/shows/detail/6596

40 Million Coins Graded Giveaways!
As you all know, PCGS is about to hit 40 million coins graded! To celebrate, we will be hosting giveaways on all of our social platforms to thank our members who have made all of this possible! Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for your chance to win a PCGS Numismatic Prize Bundle! I promise. it will be good! And yes, we will host a giveaway on the forum as well :)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PCGSCOIN/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PCGScoin
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pcgscoin/ (Beautiful TrueView coin images hand selected by our talented photographer Phil Arnold)

Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled programs :)

Heather Boyd
PCGS Director of Marketing

Comments

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭

Cool 😎

Many happy BST transactions
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭

I need a scheduling update on when to expect a members only show in Calais Maine ? thanks Chumley

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

I <3 your puppy <3

• TiborTibor Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

@chumley said:
    I need a scheduling update on when to expect a members only show in Calais Maine ? thanks Chumley

The schedule in front of me says that your show will
    occur two weeks after the PCGS show happens in
    the numismatic desert, BFE, Tn.

• @Paradisefound said:
    I <3 your puppy <3

Her name is Butter :)

Heather Boyd

• ashelandasheland Posts: 10,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

San Antonio?! I'm there! :) :) :)

Thanks for doing one down here!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true"--Abe Lincoln

Here's a warning parable for coin collectors...

• When is the show in BFE desert (Tennessee)

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭

Look at HeatherBoyd, has her finger on the pulse of CU. I appreciate your being involved here. I am sure you have knowledge of collegial events that we don't. You represent our host well. Peace Roy

• TiborTibor Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

@tyman202282 said:
    When is the show in BFE desert (Tennessee)

The 12th of never. ;)

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Boards!! thanks for the information.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome and thank you for being there for us.
    Jim

No one has ever had a plan to lose money in numismatics, monies lost is a result of not having a plan.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Everyman Buffalo Nickels (1913-1938) https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/album/166523
  • CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2018 5:37PM

Cool!

The Blind VAMmer
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the heads-up and keeping this site informative !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. I would LOVE to go to the San Antonio show but alas, I have to be in North Carolina that week for work. I just can't seem to get the right dates lined up for a PCGS show.......

Best, SH

Successful transactions with - Boosibri, lkeigwin, TomB, CRO, EagleEye, ianrussell (@GC), ThePennyLady, Broadstruck, coinsarefun, Type2, jom, ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief, Driggs, Barndog, EXOJUNKIE, WDP, tdiaz1979, ldhair

Hard Times Everyman Bust Quarters

Hard Times Everyman Barber Quarters
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm about 20 minutes away from the SA show! Free margaritas at that show, right?, Right? :) :D ;)

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Thank you Heather and thank you to PCGS for all that you do for this great hobby!

Pancreatic Cancer Survivor (2011) "Everyday is a gift"
    Enthusiastic beginner collector of milled English coins. Working on House of Windsor circulation strike type sets.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

its a good thing to see some good write ups in here. ty heather :)

• BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I live in the SA area and will try to attend. Thanks!

Wanted on BST & I sell on Great Collections
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 10,109 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Heather ,

I am a platinum member.

I could not attend the Baltimore show.

When will they have crossover specials for general collector club members ?

I have a lot of world coins I would submit .

Share the joy and its multiplied by two.
    Share the grief and its halved by two.
  • @bidask said:
    Hello Heather ,

I am a platinum member.

I could not attend the Baltimore show.

When will they have crossover specials for general collector club members ?

I have a lot of world coins I would submit .

I will be making an effort to post all specials, events, and news as soon as they are available! keep an eye out :)

Heather Boyd

• rickoricko Posts: 61,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd....Thank you for your contributions and participation...Cheers, RickO

• DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

I am going to San Antonio show. Is there a list of dealers that will be there? There may be some coins I'd like them to bring if I know who's going to be there. Thanks.

Dr. Pete
  • jt88jt88 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

I will be making an effort to post all specials, events, and news as soon as they are available! keep an eye out :)

Yes, please do that. Thanks.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

What time do the doors open Wednesday?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true"--Abe Lincoln

Here's a warning parable for coin collectors...

• @dpoole said:
    What time do the doors open Wednesday?

The floor is open for all attendees Wednesday morning at 11 am.

The full schedule can be found here: https://www.pcgs.com/MembersOnlySchedule

Heather Boyd

• toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Do I as a platinum member need to register or can I just (hopefully) show up? I've never had the opportunity to attend one of these shows.
    Thanks in advance.
    George

My Registry Type Set

Successful BST transactions with AllCoinsRule, Ahrensdad, ArizonaJack, Bruggs, Cohodk, dcgolfer, fivecents, frnklnlvr, Itsnotjustme, Meltdown sTONER, Snizzle, SurfinxHI, Twincam
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I take it no breakfast tacos at 11am 😁

• @toyz4geo said:
    Do I as a platinum member need to register or can I just (hopefully) show up? I've never had the opportunity to attend one of these shows.
    Thanks in advance.
    George

Pre-registering just allows us to print your name badge in advance :). We will be happy to register you at the door.

Heather Boyd

• @dpoole said:
    San Antonio?! I'm there! :) :) :)

Thanks for doing one down here!

Me too. See ya there. > @DrPete said:

I am going to San Antonio show. Is there a list of dealers that will be there? There may be some coins I'd like them to bring if I know who's going to be there. Thanks.

@DrPete said:

• I went to that "show" today and my wife and I were treated like shit the ENTIRE time. I had a pocket full of cash to spend and dozens of coins to submit. I did neither bc of the way thst I was treated everyone. Just bc someone has tattoos doesnt mean yhey dont have money. Y'all have a major customer service and/or training issur at least with the folks at this "show" Never again.....

• @Therustyb said:
    I went to that "show" today and my wife and I were treated like shit the ENTIRE time. I had a pocket full of cash to spend and dozens of coins to submit. I did neither bc of the way thst I was treated everyone. Just bc someone has tattoos doesnt mean yhey dont have money. Y'all have a major customer service and/or training issur at least with the folks at this "show" Never again.....

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience. I arrived toward the end of the show today after a flight delay. I can assure you, as someone with quite a number of tattoos myself, I am confident that our team does not judge in that way. I would like to look into this and find a resolution. If you are open to discussing it please email me at [email protected]

Heather Boyd