Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Complete set of Franklin PR65 rattlers FS on Ebay

KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2018 2:09PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Somewhere on ebay. I dont know how to add a link.

I'm pretty sure that this set will never be done again.

Best offer.

Comments

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive set!

• Options

@1peter1223 said:
    Really nice set . What do you value them at ? Ball park figure ?

I don't know the value, hence the best offer.
    The last set of PF rattler Franklin's to sell was joebb21's set in 2009. His had a few PF 66 and 67's mixed in. You can check his (retired) registry set.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool. Not sure the single beened coin helps, as some may think why not the rest.

Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options

@Moldnut said:
    Pretty cool. Not sure the single beened coin helps, as some may think why not the rest.

Only the 1961 has a bean, I have not submitted any of them to CAC, this is how I got them. I dunno, should I peel the bean off the '61 (It would make an awesome, but tiny bumper sticker) or should I send in the rest for consideration? I understand that JA likes these rattlers.

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 11:52AM

I'm not a Franklin collector, but if I was this is worth a strong bid. I wouldn't waste time and money with CAC on these.

• Options

OK, let me start by saying that I have no experience sending coins to the bean factory, and I am not privy to the selection process, so I can offer no guarantee. I don't know if proof rattlers earn stickers from superior strike/condition, or if a potential cam or dcam designation is possible. And I don't have enough experience with cam or dcam coins to classify them myself (I have seen too many go the other way depending on the lighting and viewing angles).

I'm taking advice and not sending these to Far Hills just yet. I have done my best to grade them using Coinfacts and using the green bean '61 as a benchmark. Compared to the '61, I have set them into 5 groups.

1 not as good as the '61...1962
    2 just about as good as the '61...1954,1958&1960
    I will assume that these two groups wont bean.

3 same as the '61...1951,1955,1956
    4 better than the '61...1953,1957,1959&1963
    5 much better than the '61...1950,1952

If someone was fool enough to send these in for regrades, I think the '57, '58, '60, '61 &'63 might have a shot at cameo.

I gotta buy a better camera.
    and stop asking me what I want for them. Best offer means you make an offer.

• Options
    CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018 2:23AM

I msged u and havent gotten a response , are these for sale? What is your price plz, so I can give you a definitive yes or no, thx

SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018 7:31AM

A dealer is always going to ask someone "what's your bottom line?" A collector is going to say, "I want them and here's my offer."

Simple, eh?

Oh, impressive set!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a cool set!
    Is the 56 a type 1 or type 2?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    edited October 17, 2018 11:05AM

I'm @ $1000 shipped and I hope your not asking PC retail , cause you might need medication lol

SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• Options

I am looking for 2.5 X retail (slightly more than melt). But will entertain reasonable offers.

This is a unusually difficult set.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018 12:31PM

short set with only 14 coins, in older holders so best guess 200.00 over for the holders

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

So it goes off to eBay.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good call. Is this the set you just completed in May that you posted about? under the below

FSHO: 1950 Franklin Proof Rattler

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

P@ss ty

SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:
    I am looking for 2.5 X retail (slightly more than melt). But will entertain reasonable offers.

This is a unusually difficult set.

A full set of rattlers is definitely not an easy endeavor. It should sell for over PCGS guide to the right holder collector, so eBay should be your best bet. Plus go check if you have that $20 fee cap on your account for additional savings.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1007346/ebay-deal-for-sellers#latest