Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Coin ID Help, and FInds

Hi All - I need some ID help with a coin. I'm going through a friend's family collection of "odds and ends" boxes of coins his mother-in-law had. 7/8 inch diameter with what appears to be a stylized griffon or dragon. Pics attached. Thx!
Our finds to date include an 1899P Morgan dollar, a bank of upper canada token, several large Canadian cents from 1910's, a Moroccan 11912 5 Mazuros, 2 large copper cents (1851 and 1830 something) and a Furtwangler token in really nice condition. We got a couple small bags of Indian heads and Buffalo nickels to sort through, and another box of foreign coins.

Chinese cash enthusiast

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arcade token

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Thanks SaorAlba. That's what I was thinking, a token or game counter. It'll probably take two more Friday nights to go though his remaining coins. I bring the beer, he orders the pizza!

Chinese cash enthusiast
  • santeliasantelia Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited October 13, 2018 5:06PM

Hah! SaorAlba; I found it! Looks like it's pretty rare or just not collected (97). This will go into my collection of Chinese charms. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces119312.html. I thinking it's maybe a marriage token or good luck charm.

Chinese cash enthusiast