Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Two pieces for your viewing pleasure.

Not my area. If these can be identified that would be great. Just the look of them screams cleaned but still not sure what these are.

Comments

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

They may also be "cleaned", but to me they scream electrotype or cast copies of the "real thing" (whatever that may be).

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree cast replicas, all that putting is like chronic acne. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The longer post went "poof" as I did an edit. Diane de Poitiers (died 1566) on the first cast, and the famous Marquis de Lafayette, Gilbert du Mortier (died 1834) on the second cast. Likely once not too expensive wall decorations for someone who was into French history.

• Options

@BillDugan1959 said:
    The longer post went "poof" as I did an edit. Diane de Poitiers (died 1566) on the first cast, and the famous Marquis de Lafayette, Gilbert du Mortier (died 1834) on the second cast. Likely once not too expensive wall decorations for someone who was into French history.

Thanks!