Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Winners are picked...... 3 COMPLETE SETS of McDonald tokens GIVE AWAYs

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2018 9:37PM in U.S. Coin Forum

My cousins are sending me 3 complete sets from SoCal....knowing their auntie likes coins tokens. BTW..My brother is a soccer coach and he took the team to McDonald often.

So here we have for each of you; bypassing the need to hop between locations and possibly gaining weight in the process.

If you willing to share yours with your colleagues in CU ...enable them to complete his / her set; POST what you currently have....and I'll place your name in the bucket for the first 2 sets

3rd set will go to those with NADA on their possesion <3so.... ALL IS WELCOME now

THESE ARE THE ACTUAL SETS & READY TO GO

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

After I receive the last one from a forum member I'll have a full set.
    I'll have 3 duplicates to donate:
    1988-1998
    1968-1978 with the die crack on the reverse above the "1 Big"
    2008-2018 Loose. Unfortunately the cashier was helping to find a date and opened the cellophane and handed my the coin with her thumb on the face minus the OGP. I thanked her. Immediately on arriving home I soaked it in Dawn, rinsed it with hot water, blotted it dry and placed it on a Kleenex on top of the hot spot on my laptop. Seems fine with no evidence of a thumb print.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow...Now maybe I do have to get a couple of these...just so I can enter the contest... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to my local Mac's to see what the big deal
    was with the Tokens - they told me they're totally
    out - got two 'boxes' (no idea of quantity) the
    first day, and they were gone quick, I was told.

They said they were not getting any more.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally received the last two I needed a couple days ago, so have all 5 now. I was thinking about getting a 6th so I can display all 5 reverses plus the obverse together. If I win these 5, I will keep one so I can do that, and re-gift the other 4. Maybe this will encourage someone to go try and find that 5th themselves!

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then there are us Island dwellers where fast food does not exist. No MickyDs... that is a "treat" while out of town in the big cities. I won't qualify because I would have to keep all five... not that I really need a token set anyway. But they are coin like and they are shinny and there is a set and there is all this CU multi thread hype and the collector OCD says to get em all.

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had no luck getting them all... I just got the only 2 tokens from 2008-2018. I ended up going to 5 McDonald's on the first day, and all were gone in the first few hours. OUCH !!! :(

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 8:52AM

Should we include ALL?

• Options

Meaning all who post? A priority to those who can't get a set for what ever reason. Brighten their day when they thought they couldn't participate in this crazy promotion.

• Options

Priority Numero Uno: 2 sets allowed for those with one or few to donate <3
    and The 3rd set is for the NEEDY without any in possession

Thank you @Kudbegud for the brilliant idea

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind and generous offer, PF.

Stumble across a few Broas the Pie Baker tokens and I will be forever grateful.

;)

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 10:50AM
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

i hear mickey d's is handing raw (out of the plastic) when people order big macs now just to keep everyone happy.

• Options
    coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

I am unable to get them in Canada :(
    Consider me for the Nada set draw I would be happy to send a medallion I recently had made in return :)

all around collector of many fine things

• Options

I'll be going there this aftenoon to see what this is all about...myself. Will report back with photos B)

@johnny9434 said:
    i hear mickey d's is handing raw (out of the plastic) when people order big macs now just to keep everyone happy.

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

I didn’t even go to McD’s because of the lack of time. Those tokens are pretty cool, might have to buy one just for fun.

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice of @Paradisefound to save a few calories and heart attacks for forum members, although I did notice that it did not happen until many of us had already abused our bodies. :/:D

I consider myself to be very lucky to have been able to get the full set as well as a 6th token to display the common obverse, so I will not participate in this great giveaway. I will leave the prizes to those less fortunate and the Burger King fans.

This whole thing has made me realize that there are WAY too many McDonald's near me. On my home there are over a half dozen to chose from. I find that the ones outside of the crowded areas are more likely to still have them, especially if they do not give them out unless requested.

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 11:36AM

@coinpro76 said:

??? That is odd. They supposedly had them in many countries around the world. Does Canada have some law against these sorts of giveaways? Maybe they did not want to have to print a special Canadian language version, eh? ;)

I didn't check a token yet, but is one of the languages on the obverse French? If not then maybe they ran afoul of the bilingual requirements. (Thanks, Quebec). :p

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 11:21AM

I didn't know they are coming here until a few already gain some weight @JBK but this contest will make their hearts filled with JOY :)B)<3

• Options
    coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@coinpro76 said:

??? That is odd. They supposedly had them in many counties around the world. Does Canada have some law against these sorts of giveaways? Maybe they did not want to have to print a special Canadian language version, eh? ;)

Probably, those darned french settlers and their dual language shenanigans.

all around collector of many fine things

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    And then there are us Island dwellers where fast food does not exist. No MickyDs...

What island does not have any McD's? Alcatraz? :DB)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    I'll be going there this aftenoon to see what this is all about...myself. Will report back with photos B)

@johnny9434 said:

way cool.

• Options

It's a ROCK

@JBK said:

@Batman23 said:
    And then there are us Island dwellers where fast food does not exist. No MickyDs...

• Options

@JBK said:

@Batman23 said:

The Island Of Despair maybe? Islets of Langerhans? No.wait, that's a part of the pancreas. Island of Misfit Toys? Nope, that's from the original 1964 stop motion animation “Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer” We know it isn't any Hawaiian Island or could it be. Niihau is the private island which tries to stick to the old Hawaiian ways.

OK @Batman23, tell us where you live.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never heard of these before a couple days ago. But then again, I don't eat at McDonalds anymore.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@Kudbegud said:

@JBK said:

@Batman23 said:

The Island Of Despair maybe? Islets of Langerhans? No.wait, that's a part of the pancreas. Island of Misfit Toys? Nope, that's from the original 1964 stop motion animation “Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer” We know it isn't any Hawaiian Island or could it be. Niihau is the private island which tries to stick to the old Hawaiian ways.

Maybe the "Island of Lost Souls"? :'(

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    I have never heard of these before a couple days ago. But then again, I don't eat at McDonalds anymore.

Even if you ate at McDonalds, you still wouldn't know about this promotion.

Has anyone seen this promotion advertised anywhere? I admit, I haven't looked lately, but the first day or two I saw nothing. Then I got my set completed on day two, and no longer cared... :smiley:

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 1:08PM

@ajaan said:

Take your time - get caught up.

Hey, did you also hear that the Mint is issuing a different quarter for each state? :D

Anywho, I can't feel too bad for anyone who missed or ignored the McMania over the Big Mac tokens. It's been lots of fun, but also a little challenging to pay the price for obtaining these things. :#

• Options

@JBK said:

@Kudbegud said:

@JBK said:

@Batman23 said:

Maybe the "Island of Lost Souls"? :'(

Nah, we are a little better than that! I think.

My avatar is the map. I am not a hard person to find.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@JBK said:

@Batman23 said:

Antarctica?

Pyongyang? (In a way, North Korea is an island... Heh...)

• Options

@Batman23 said:

Ah, an island off Alaska. One of the Aleutian Islands?

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@Batman23 said:

Ah, an island off Alaska. One of the Aleutian Islands?

Can he see Russia? ;)

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I made the trip to town once, but it's an all day affair for me. I was able to order and receive 2 of the tokens (68-78 & 98-08). I had figured that was good enough for me, though it would be nice to have a full set. Appreciate the opportunity.

• Options
    TomaToma Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Last time I went to McDonalds I felt a grease fueled depression wash over me an hour after eating. It was jarring how real the side effects of eating a meal were. That was about two years ago. I've been thinking about collecting the tokens but I make a habit of avoiding fast food places.

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still missing 2. Looking for the 1988-1998 and the 1998-2008. I do however have 2 extra 1968-1978 and an extra 1978-1988, that I am willing to trade. :) I would be ecstatic to win a complete set!!

• Options
    edited August 8, 2018 3:59PM

@Toma said:
    Last time I went to McDonalds I felt a grease fueled depression wash over me an hour after eating. It was jarring how real the side effects of eating a meal were.

So what's your point? :D

I think I can probably relate. There is definitely a unique sensation to the experience. From the film of grease on your teeth, to the gunk on your hands that does not seem to come off without a good scrubbing, to the occasional pangs in your chest. :o The worst part is, I am hungry again after a couple hours!

I loved chasing the McCoins, but I really, really hope they don't do this again anytime soon unless they have an option to just buy them outright.

P.S, - I do like their buttermilk chicken sandwich.

• Options

@jtlee321 said:
    I do however have 2 extra 1968-1978

Have you checked the reverse ( 50 ) for the die crack above the 1 BIG to the rim ?

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@jtlee321 said:
    I do however have 2 extra 1968-1978

Have you checked the reverse ( 50 ) for the die crack above the 1 BIG to the rim ?

No die cracks on mine. However, both of my 1968-1978 do have a decent clash from the large Big Mac on the opposite side of the coin. I can't seem to illuminate the coin and show the clashing without taking it out of the original packaging though.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are cracking me up@!!!! Alcatraz, Misfit Toys, Aleutian, Antartica, Pyongyang, Lost Souls!!!!!!!!!! How come nobody mentioned Gilligan's Island??? I have no tokens and just can't get to a McDonalds once, never mind more than 5 times to collect this set because I'm also on an Island!!!!!

@Batman23 said:
    And then there are us Island dwellers where fast food does not exist. No MickyDs... that is a "treat" while out of town in the big cities.

Now I want to know where you are from Batman23 because I'm also an Islander with no McDonalds. Maybe we're on the same Island? I'm on Martha's Vineyard and once in the 70's McDonalds tried to put their golden arches here but were met by angry Islanders that wouldn't allow it. There was a huge movement called "Sack the Mac" !!!!!!!!!

@Paradisefound said:

So Batman23, looks like we both fall into that 3'rd set qualifications of NEEDY without any in possession.

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I have none. With my disability, I don't get out of the house like I used too, + Big Macs have never agreed with my stomach . . . Must be the "Special Sauce". :)

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

Your name is in the bucket......believe me you don't miss much on the special sauce :)

@halfhunter said:
    I have none. With my disability, I don't get out of the house like I used too, + Big Macs have never agreed with my stomach . . . Must be the "Special Sauce". :)

• Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

I have 1 1978-1988 coin
    I would love to win a set

Thanks
    Frank D

• Options

3 locations I visited in Central Maui were already out of stock given 250 limit allocated p/location said a couple managers.
    The coin looks more golden to me, here the 1988 - 1998

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    3 locations I visited in Central Maui were already out of stock given 250 limit allocated p/location said a couple managers.
    The coin looks more golden to me, here the 1988 - 1998

That one for some reason is not available around here. I've been allowed to look through several stashes at a few different McDonald's locations, it's like the shipments that came to Washington were missing that one and the 1998-2008. Very odd..

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the contest. Interested in a set

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aloha PF! Count me in, it's all good. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    edited August 15, 2018 9:11PM

our most CURRENT GRID

These are what they have to share or I will send whats needed to complete

<3 The odd is very good for this small group.......as you see a complete set could be easily done amongst themselves :)

1968-1978 ~ Kudbegud / OKCC / Jtlee321 2x / FullStrike / bsshog40
    1978-1988 ~ Jtlee321 2x / KISHU1 / Parlousjoe / tychojoe / CoCollector / jcld / shinywhite / FullStrike / bsshog40
    1988-1998 ~ Kudbegud / 1TwoBits / FullStrike
    1998-2008 ~ OKCC / ChrisH821
    2008-2018 ~ Kudbegud raw / Robkool 2x / GRANDAM / FullStrike / Stooge / jmski55 / davewesen 2x

updated for addition

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

98-08 is the only one I have

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@Onastone said:
    You guys are cracking me up@!!!! Alcatraz, Misfit Toys, Aleutian, Antartica, Pyongyang, Lost Souls!!!!!!!!!! How come nobody mentioned Gilligan's Island??? I have no tokens and just can't get to a McDonalds once, never mind more than 5 times to collect this set because I'm also on an Island!!!!!

@Batman23 said:
    And then there are us Island dwellers where fast food does not exist. No MickyDs... that is a "treat" while out of town in the big cities.

Now I want to know where you are from Batman23 because I'm also an Islander with no McDonalds. Maybe we're on the same Island? I'm on Martha's Vineyard and once in the 70's McDonalds tried to put their golden arches here but were met by angry Islanders that wouldn't allow it. There was a huge movement called "Sack the Mac" !!!!!!!!!

@Paradisefound said:

So Batman23, looks like we both fall into that 3'rd set qualifications of NEEDY without any in possession.

We don't have enough population for McD to even look at us so definitely not the same island. I am in the southeast, south of Juneau. A short boat ride from Canada, not that there is anything that direction either. And no, I can't see Russia from here, that is over on the other side of the state.

I looked and I see that you're way over on the east coast on a big island with multiple communities. Looks like a fun place.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I have none, would enjoy a set.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file