Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Papawebb59

I have a Lincoln cent its zinc because it weighs 2 1/2 grams there are no scratch Marks and there's no date no mint mark half of liberty is not there and the st of in god we trust is all that is there and the reverse is fine can anyone tell what it is and value please

Answers

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll need photos. It sounds like there was something between the round disc (planchet) used to make the coin and the dies. That could be why much of the design on one side is missing.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018 4:16AM

Maybe grease filled die?

• Options

I miss the days when we would at least get a blurry cell phone picture from them...

• Options

I will Post images I'm new here but I guess I need to learn sooner or later

• Options

Does it look like anything on this mock photo of a book cover...?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1002577/new-book-available-on-errors

• Options

No it's not a damaged coin here's a pic of it if I can get it up loaded

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Papawebb59... Welcome aboard.... The picture is blurry, however, it looks as if it may be the result of a grease filled die....is the reverse complete? There will be no numismatic value to this coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Papawebb59... Welcome aboard.... The picture is blurry, however, it looks as if it may be the result of a grease filled die....is the reverse complete? There will be no numismatic value to this coin. Cheers, RickO

Don't be to sure of that. There are thousands of folks (especially CRH) who would love to have it. It has to be worth a dollar or three to one of them. Heck, I'd pay $2 and think I made out like a bandit! Good teaching coin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 .... Yes, I agree that some would pay a couple of dollars for it... when I state 'numismatic value' I mean a significant price... such as $25-50 for a cent...I have seen cents like the OP has posted in junk boxes for 25 cents...Cheers, RickO

• Options

I've been looking in the wrong junk boxes. :(

• Options

Thank you for your input maybe I'll Stick it on eBay and see what it fetches

• Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

It looks interesting, is there a chance of a non blurry photo?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file