Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

British Kings "Bullet Book, Henry V, 1413 - 1422

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 1, 2018 12:16PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Henry V Two Pence

• Henry V had a comparatively short but successful rein. During his time he conquered France and paved the way for his son, Henry VI to hold the crown of both nations for a short time.

• It was said that Henry V was not shy about his ambitions to be king. While his father, Henry IV, lay dying, Henry picked up the crown and tried it on for size.

• Henry was a strong king who was able to forge alliances with the British nobles and take and hold lands in France.

• Henry’s reign was cut short when he contracted dysentery and died while on a military campaign in France. He never saw his eight month old son and heir, Henry VI.

• Henry’s early death made his nine month old son king. That absurdity was made even worse when his son proved to mentally challenged which brought another period of unrest to England.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the coin but hate the white prongs.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

You buy them when you can find them. I know that some would say I should crack it out, but that might be a money losing way to do things in the present environment.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    You buy them when you can find them. I know that some would say I should crack it out, but that might be a money losing way to do things in the present environment.

A sad state of affairs but these days plastic and stickers seem to rule.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

That is a fantastic example of a Henry V.

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

@Aethelred said:
    That is a fantastic example of a Henry V.

Thank you!

But when you see this coin in person, it’s a bit darker than it appears in my photos.

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Nice!!

Becky