Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is $925 good price for 1949 P OBW roll of Roosevelt Dimes?

davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 30, 2018 1:14PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Is this a good price for this roll? A friend picked it up. I have not seen any of this date, EVER

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Comments

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't regularly trade rolls, so take my comments with a grain salt, but that sounds high. When I buy rolls, I usually try to deduce an average grade for a date - say MS63 or MS64 - and then value the roll based on that RAW value by the number of coins. If the roll is a better date and there could be a score condition rarity, then I might pay a little extra. That's just my 2c.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO.....there aren't even any varieties to pick for that date,

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

How certain are you that it is an Obw roll?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2018 8:46AM

Spend $100 or $200 on some nice ones, I think you will be better off.

Hoard the keys.
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2018 3:32PM

Graysheet is $935 for that roll. If totally original & H/T, I'd pay that for it.
    Of course that's one I need for my roll set and I've never even seen an ORIGINAL '49 bwr.

Would sure love to see some photos!

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Did anyone else see an ad pop up in this thread for a 1949 dime? Weird

+1

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Did anyone else see an ad pop up in this thread for a 1949 dime? Weird

Yes. I'm getting pop-ups regularly now for the past few days. Never before.

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

One 67 fb and you look good...

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.. all of a sudden over the past week I'm also getting pop-ups regularly. Never got them before.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Install malwarebytes - highly recommended. It would probably take care of the problem.

Their free version is good enough for me.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2018 4:27PM

I assume the popups are a new thing between pcgs and Ebay?

Any ebay link in a thread will do it.

• davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

My friend told me it has the old wrapped rolled edges on both sides. One obverse is showing and one reverse. I have not seen the roll. He has been a dealer for some time and said he had never owned one of the rolls. I will see if he can send me a picture to post.

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

he helped guide me in coin collecting and always has a booth at our local show in Mississippi

Roosevelt Registry

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not pay that much... two reasons...One - it is likely not an unsearched roll, two - highly unlikely that there is any 66/67 coins in there...Cheers, RickO

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:

What are the chances of that......like zero - 100. ;):)B)

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I assume the popups are a new thing between pcgs and Ebay?

Any ebay link in a thread will do it.

Pdl9 or whatever new troll has images in his threads that make this happen. I have cleared cookies and tried a few times and it's only his threads that start it.

I don't have an ebay ad in this thread.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2018 4:03PM

I remember, back about the late 1970"s ,a guy where I worked had 10 original rolls of 1949 dimes. I never could get him to sell them.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:

What are the odds of finding one that high though? What is the average unc. grade for the early coins when picked in the wild?

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

I know the odds of a 67 fb. 0-0=0

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

I have never seen an eBay ad here. I do get them other places. The only ad I see is one for Legend Rare Coin Auctions at the bottom of this page.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinhack said:
    I have never seen an eBay ad here. I do get them other places. The only ad I see is one for Legend Rare Coin Auctions at the bottom of this page.

But I think you know that's not a "popup" at the bottom of the page, but an affiliate commission program ad which is common on many internet business websites.

The popup is probably adware/malware installed unknowingly from another website on to your computer's registry. You may be able to find the adware/malware on your computer's registry. However trying to remove it yourself could damage the registry to the point of say Windows not operating properly.

These popups can be very dangerous, because it may look like a link to Ebay, but it could actually be a link to a malicious website, and if it asks for your Ebay password etc, and you provide it, then boom, your Ebay account gets hacked and who knows what else.

Just download the malwarebytes thing i previously mentioned. I don't think the adware/malware technically gets removed, but gets quarantined so that even though it remains there on the registry, the adware/malware becomes inactive.

I only did this around a week ago, and it totally halted two popup viruses I had been getting telling me to update my browser - i knew they were fake updates. Surprisingly and most pleasantly, downloading malwarebytes increased the speed of my computer by around 50%. Not bad for free.

I'm not sure, but I fully expect malwarebytes occasionally to ask me to click-on their website for the "premium" service that isn't free. But I'll just click it off - no harm done.

• coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek you're correct. I wasn't getting popups either. I just threw in that in about the Legend ad because it was right there in front of me as I was about to reply. The other ads I get aren't pop ups either. They are also targeted ads. I get quite a lot from eBay because I go there a lot. Don't know why I got some from Ashley Madison though.

Good info about Malwarebytes, thanks.

• BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of Privacy Badger. Malwarebytes is excellent, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file