Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NEWP Three Brothers Taler...Updated to Eight Brothers!

Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 22, 2021 11:53PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

In an NGC AU55 holder, purchased out of HA recently. Some funny looking guys, huh?

Any thoughts/feedback welcome. Please share any of your "Brothers" Talers if you have them.

My current "Box of 20"

Comments

• harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a half Taler?

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

whoa, I love these thalers, so much variety!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a taler or even silver, but ...

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zohar - great contribution as usual. What a pretty coin! Actually all are pretty examples - love the gold @EVillageProwler! And @harasha - half talers totally acceptable!

Anyone else got any others?

My current "Box of 20"

• StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

Great looking coin, Bob. Gotta love these old talers when they have nice toning!

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

@bob13: Great eye appeal on that one! It fits nicely into your collection. I think you did well to jump on it immediately.

• worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

I just recently purchased a Saxe-Weimar taler myself. It is a "death taler" from 1662. It is not necessarily in my core German/Austrian States bishopric core area, but the design checks off all the required boxes for me. I like unique designs that have a story to tell. It is said that Wilhelm IV himself designed this before his death, as was the case with the other Saxe-Weimar talers struck during his time.

• BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Oh brother(s), that’s a lot of siblings on a single coin! Bob, that’s a great example of a wonderful coin. I may need to expand my brothers count above the 3 found on the Thaler I acquired earlier this year (from you!). That design is just super.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

Lovely coins!!

I just picked this one up last week.