Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

John Lennon 75th Birthday October 9

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The catalog of music we were all denied I would hate to think about. What a legend.

Nice coin by the way, and good luck with your sale.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    UMCaneUMCane Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful piece. I totally agree on the catalog of music that was never written.

Thanks for posting...

"Just because you were born on 3rd base doesn't mean you hit a triple"

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT.

Imagine. image
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Beatles. Love the coin.image

I have one of the silver proofs. Just happened to read an article about it the day it went on sale. Signed on and bought one.
    I believe the silver version ( only 5,000 ) sold out the first day.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Driving the kids to school this morning and talk radio was playing "Strawberry Fields" as the cut to commercial.
    Figured it was Lennon's birthday. He sure was one of a kind...

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine is a beautiful song, but...

"Lennon stated: "'Imagine', which says: 'Imagine that there was no more religion, no more country, no more politics,' is virtually the Communist manifesto, even though I'm not particularly a Communist and I do not belong to any movement.'"

Blaney, John (2007). Lennon and McCartney: Together Alone (1st ed.). Jawbone Press. ISBN 978-1-906002-02-2.

BTW: I am NOT trying make this political, just passing along some words of John Lennon about his (arguably) best song.

THREE captchas were involved in making this reply! image

...make that FOUR (for the edit).
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...