Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1800 $10 Gold Eagle PCGS AU Details - 1802/1 $5 Gold Eagle PCGS OFFERS?

Here's a coin that does not come up for sale very often. 1800 $10 gold Eagle. PCGS AU Details - Cleaning
This coin was recently graded in the last 2 months. It came from a collector who owned it raw for many years.

This piece has a mellow gold patina with luster still very evident in the fields both front & back. The details are truly AU. Every slight curl of the hair is well defined, the shield lines on the reverse are all bold and seperate still, not flattened. There is attractive amber toning on the reverse. The cleaning was not harsh or overly abrasive at all, Hairlines are evident with a loupe and when the light hits it just right, otherwise, this piece looks very original still.

Greysheey bid for XF40 is $14,200 - AU50 is $17,500 - AU58 is $28,000

I'm asking $11,000 delivered via registered mail. Feel free to make an offer. Payment by check, money order or bank cashier's note are all acceptable.
Thank you.

And from the same collection...
Here's a REALLY neat (and scarce) overdate! PCGS has determined it has been repaired - My best guess is on the obverse between the B & E of Liberty
There is some slight scratch lines and what look like pinhole indents in the gold in that area. It's not clear to me that that is the repair issue, but I cannot see anything else that jumps out.
The coin itself is a clean, bright yellow gold with very nice luster still. I do think it was cleaned at some point in it's lifetime.

I'm asking $5800 for this AU detailed coin. (XF-40 greysheet bid price is $6,700)
This coin is on consignment for a friend of mine. Returns are accepted of course.
Looking for a check or money order as payment on this. I will wait for the check to clear if we have not worked together in the past.

Thank you.

The mush near the middle on the reverse is plastic haze and not the coin.

Comments