Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSHO: 2000 Sacagawea Wounded Eagle PCGS MS66

2000 P Sacagawea Dollar PCGS MS66 - Wounded Eagle Variety

This Pop 23 rarity will certainly grow in value over time with only 3 MS67 higher. There are only 87 Wounded Eagles in all grades The MS population has stabilized and will not likely increase more than a few coins in all.

This is the one and only coin needed to grow from a Sacagawea Major Varieties Registry Set to a Complete Varieties Registry Set - adding to its value. It also has a 5X multiplier for set rating.

I don't currently see any PCGS Wounded Eagles for sale on ebay, Teletrade or Heritage - likely meaning that dealer stock is now depleted and the large number for sale late last year have been absorbed into permanent collections.

Price $3,500 including registered mail shipping.

PM with interest.

Peter
piriusblue

Comments

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool coin. Do you know where these coins were found? Circulation, mint set, rolls, ect?
  • I dont know the whole story, but this appears to be the result of a die defect that had a short run only. Most of the coins ended up in Michigan, where two dealers got many of them certified and on the market.

Here is the PCGS population data:

147883 2000-P SAC$1 Wounded Eagle FS-901

AU58 - 8
    MS62 - 6
    MS63 - 3
    MS64 - 21
    MS65 - 23
    MS66 - 23
    MS67 - 3

Total Coins Certified 87
    piriusblue
  • redsreds Posts: 262
    Most were found in rolls from a bank in Maryland. I found more than 1/2 the total pop from all companies. They are all at other homes now.
  • Have any lying around you don't need?image
    Past BST deals baddogss,llafoe,braddick,wondercoin,fireman2030, ProofCollection, SNMAN,halfnut1
  • piriusblue
  • piriusblue