Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Tale of Two Roman Republican Denarii

So I buy these two very appealing coins 6 months apart, from different sources. Both are very pretty in hand as in image. I randomly come across a foreign auction catalog covering a hundred coins from one collector's "Box of 100". These two came from that same collection. I thought that was quite cool as were these coins. What are the odds?

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are awesome.

The first is the first coin I've seen that rings all the bells at NGC Ancients: top grade (Ch MS), top strike ratings (5/5, 5/5), AND a star. Love it.

NGC needs to do something about those migrating air bubbles in their holders, though. I've had several of my coins come back with those, and must say I find them supremely irritating, as they almost look like oily patches.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    those are absolutely stunning my friend image

neat that they came from the same collection
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coins, and quite a nice coincidence! I too have found some of my coins residing in the same earlier collection. It makes for an enjoyable thought process to see how collectors in the past have similar tastes and goals in their collecting!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it says that at least 2 of you have extremely good taste! Nice pieces.

Tom

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Zohar just Wow!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.