Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Russian St George the Victorius

Is there any place to get these?

What is known about these?

I have a 2010 coin which was acquired in the Ukraine a few years ago.
Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves

Comments

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody know anything about these?
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These 3 Rouble silver pieces were issued in 2009 and 2010 as bullion from Russia.

The 2009 was minted in a quantity of 280,000 pieces and the 2010 in a quantity of 500,000 pieces.

According to Krause: they are 39mm diameter, weighing 33.9 grams, and are 92.5% silver for a total silver weight of almost exactly 1.00 troy ounces.

However, my example of the 2009 is stamped directly with 0.999 fineness, and 31.1 gram markings. I believe the coin over Krause. image

They commonly sell for $40-60 if raw (not slabbed). If graded MS69 or MS70 by NGC or PCGS, they sell for closer to $100.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Besides the 2009 and 2010, there is also a 2015 silver (500,000 mintage). Bay of E would probably be your best bet as source.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping my mother in law can get me a 2015 direct from the bank of Russia in the next few days.

Never seen them anyplace here.

They are nice coins.