Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1765 1/4 Thaler: Brandenburg-Ansbach

I was watching an example of this coin up for sale in the Heritage auction that ends this weekend, but this much nicer example showed up on eBay on Monday. This issue is not particularly scarce, and comes up every now and again for sale. PCGS has graded only 2 of the type, this one in AU58 and another in MS61 that just sold at Heritage back in April 2015 for $646. The obvious draw to the piece for me is the horse with rider on the obverse, and particularly attractive to my eye is the amount of detail in the rider's face, upper torso, and jacket. I'm quite happy with this purchase.

Here are my photos:

...and a close-up...

======================================

Here are the PCGS CoinFacts images, which are MUCH more red than the coin is in hand (sadly typical for CoinFacts/TrueView images):
-Brandon
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Comments