Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Haribo Gummy Bears for Packaging

I have purchased coins from all over the world to fill my COTY Registry Set and have been amazed and at at times amused at how different parts of the world package coins.

Today took the cake. A coin arrived from Germany. Usually, the Germans are very precise in packaging coins and coins alway come very neatly packaged and well protected. The coin I received today came in the original capsule, wrapped in cellophane and then wrapped in un-opened packages of Gummy Bears. It actually offers probably the best protection of any package I have received and I LOVE GUMMY BEARS.

Though I would share....
BRANDYWINE KRAUSE COIN OF THE YEAR REGISTRY SET

My ebay items

Comments

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome.

Now I'd like to know how your stomach feels after eating all the gummy bears.
  • Options

<< <i>That's awesome.

Now I'd like to know how your stomach feels after eating all the gummy bears. >>

Sugar Rush!!

My ebay items
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time ask them to add some Gummi Rolls too!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Haribo makes the best gummy and the only one I will buy, hard part is keeping myself from buying them.

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options

<< <i>Haribo makes the best gummy and the only one I will buy, hard part is keeping myself from buying them. >>

I'm telling you that Haribo makes the best packaging material of all time....

My kids ate the packaging - I ate the cost of the coins.

Kids = 1 , Dad = 0

My ebay items
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic :-) That's actually quite impressive, managing to protect the coin, misdirect thieves, and provide a nice bump for a mid-day blood sugar lull.
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahaha German Gummy Bears...............we need pics image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much better than the $10k coin I bought which came wrapped in an old sock.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>hahahaha German Gummy Bears...............we need pics image

Steve >>

These are the ones my grandkids had me pack back from Germany the last few years but now we find them at Lolli and Pops right here in the USA.

• Options

<< <i>Much better than the $10k coin I bought which came wrapped in an old sock. >>

Now that would definitely be a first for me - and I have gotten some strange packages

My ebay items