Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Dang- found a coin I want, but the German seller doesn't ship to USA.

I encountered this text in red at the bottom of the listing:

<< <i>Please have attention: according to our AGB we will ship coins only inside the EU (no shipping to USA and Switzerland). >>

What is an "AGB"? image

I also saw only "bank transfer" listed for accepted payment options, and wouldn't have the first idea how to do a US$-to-Euro international bank transfer without the use of PayPal, even if could I find an EU-resident buddy to be a shipping intermediary.

(But if anybody in the EU thinks they could help, I'd welcome it. Thanks in advance.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I encountered this text in red at the bottom of the listing:

<< <i>Please have attention: according to our AGB we will ship coins only inside the EU (no shipping to USA and Switzerland). >>

What is an "AGB"? image

I also saw only "bank transfer" listed for accepted payment options, and wouldn't have the first idea how to do a US$-to-Euro international bank transfer without the use of PayPal, even if could I find an EU-resident buddy to be a shipping intermediary.

(But if anybody in the EU thinks they could help, I'd welcome it. Thanks in advance.) >>

AGB = Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen (German: General terms and conditions / Standard business conditions)
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Thank you. I am learning a little German since I started browsing MA-Shops, which seems to be the Eurozone equivalent of VCoins. I'm surprised it took me this long to discover, really.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found some wonderful things at MA-Shops. Shipping issues, such as yours, can be nuisance. The only real problem I have had, at times, was when I had a question about a coin, I would not receive an answer. Could be a language barrier issue.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send Dimitri a PM.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Yes, it was exciting to find a whole new (to me) online mall comparable to VCoins, because I've been a big VCoins fan for years. Of course there is some overlap with some (though not all) of these MA-Shops dealers also being a presence on VCoins and eBay.

For example, there is one particular coin type I've sort of wanted for a long time. There are two or three on eBay at any given time. None on VCoins as of last look. And four or five on MA-Shops. And it isn't even a European coin.

(That's not the one I want to buy this particular time, though.)

• Options

<< <i>Send Dimitri a PM. >>

I thought about that, but haven't seen him around here for a while.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    AGB are their : condition of doing business with a buyer. It is lawful in Germany to have your own conditions. However, all gov conditions are also in the AGB, like guarantee of return etc...warranties etc.
    AGB do ONLY apply to a legitimate business.
    If you wish to purchase this item, one usually needs to transfer the money to the sellers bank. if u purchase through MA shop, there is a guarantee of return. if the cost is over Euro 40, the seller must pay the return cost also, but only from where he sent it to.
    If you can locate the sellers business, you could contact them and ask to make an exception for you. they usually accommodate such a request for a fee of higher shipping cost. Click on the name and see if there is a ling to their shop.
    If you really want the coin, there is another, round about way. I might be able to help. PM , if so.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    The seller is Künker am Dom. I messaged them to express interest, but did not ask for an exception to their AGB. Instead, I mentioned the possibility of finding an intermediary within the Euro zone. The coin is priced at €135. Thanks for the offer to help. We'll see what Künker am Dom has to say.

• Options
    (Sorry. Been getting lots of double posts today. For once it is my server, and not the forums causing it.)