Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

SARAWAK AND MALAYA COINS

GREETINGS!

I was wondering if anyone feels that these two Asian territories will be increasing in popularity and demand? I have some pretty decent grades and I was looking for some advice.

Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
MACAU
emgworldwide@gmail.com
Cell: 512.808.3197
EMERGING MARKET GROUP
PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, the few Malaysian coins I sold when I broke up my daughter's 1901 Victorian type set did well. There was a pretty strong interest in them on eBay and a lot of folks messaging about them.

Whether this is indicative of any wider trends or not, I can't say, as I only was selling a few pieces. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a growth area in terms of collector interest, though.

PS- I hate it when people put their watermarks across the face of a coin image like that. A watermark is one thing, but a watermark that partially obstructs the view of the coin is tacky.

PPS- sorry for the editorial comment. None of my business. They do look like nice coins.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • WalterWalter Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I like the coins of British Malaya and surrounding colonies (or for that matter most British colonies), they're very easy to collect as you generally have the same coin for many years rather than so many different types like some other SE Asian nations.

I'm actually in the process of setting up a website cataloguing all early Malaysian coins (as in pre-Malaysia): http://myb.coinvalues.asia/

I haven't written many articles for it yet and it's still under construction so don't put too much faith in the valuations.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like the coins of British Malaya and surrounding colonies (or for that matter most British colonies), they're very easy to collect as you generally have the same coin for many years rather than so many different types like some other SE Asian nations.

I'm actually in the process of setting up a website cataloguing all early Malaysian coins (as in pre-Malaysia): http://myb.coinvalues.asia/

I haven't written many articles for it yet and it's still under construction so don't put too much faith in the valuations. >>

I bookmarked that link for future reference , thanks image
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure... I suspect these will follow the geographic region higher, but will not lead the way. I see Hong Kong as the better play- As an example, look at the mintage and surviving population of some of the Hong Kong 50 CENTS coins from around 1890 through the end of the reign of Edward VII.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.